Thursday, October 4, 2007

Stories Behind the songs Sunday October 7, 2007

Worship Quote of the week:
“Otherness gives us a sense that God is so pure, matchless and unique that no one else and nothing else even comes close.”
"Faithful"
We'll start the service with a song by the Crossroads Youth choir & the Worship choir with soloist Kaylee Dean & John Brewer
This song is by Hezekiah Walker. In 2006 Hezekiah was slandered by an online gossip column, he went through a deep valley and this song came forth through that experience. You can hear his testimony and the song:
Faithful, Faithful Faithful is our God (repeat 4x)
I'm reaping the harvest God promised me
Take back what the devil stole from me
And I rejoice today, for I shall recover it all
Yes I rejoice today, for I shall recover it all.

"The Happy Song"
This worship song from 1994 was written by Martin Smith of the band Delirious. Martin was involved in a near-fatal car crash that was instrumental in him surrendering his life to full-time music ministry. Click here to read more about his journey. The band he belongs to "Delirious" was at the fore-front of the modern worship renewal.
Click here to listen to the song:

"Incredible God"
Click here to read more about James Hairston who wrote this song the Crossroads youth choir will sing. Soloist are Jordan Garner & Rhyanna Thomsen.
Click here to listen to the song:
"He Keeps me Singing"
Click here to read through how the song was written:
Click here to read through the words and listen to the tune:

"When the night is Falling"
Click here to read more about Dennis Jernigan
Click here to listen to the song:

"Revelation Song"
I was at an Integrity music conference listening to Paul Baloche take some Q&A after a large group session. There were about 15 people standing around when I noticed the name tag on the lady beside me. Her name was Jennie Riddle, I turned and asked her "Your name sounds familiar, how do I know your name?" She said, "Well I did write the song "Revelation Song". Since then I've run into her at the Lamar Boschman worship pastor luncheons. She is housewife in from McKinney, Texas who simply heard what I would call a song from the "other side". You can listen to "Revelation song" on Jennie's myspace, the recording is by Karen Wheaton.
Here is Jennie's myspace:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=92675621
This song is sweeping the country and literally being sung around the world.Click here to listen to the song.
2 Kings 6
"The unseen host Elijah with the army of God - we don’t see with the physical eye."

Offertory -
"He's Always Been Faithful to Me"
Carrie Hollingsworth, Georgia Phinney, Kim Souther
Here are the lyrics
Morning by morning I wake up to find
the power and comfort of God's hand in mine.
Season by season I watch him amazed,
in awe of the mystery of his perfect ways
All I have need of his hand will provide.
He's always been faithful to me
I can't remember a trial or a pain he did
not recycle to bring me gain.
I can'tremember one single regret in serving
God only and trusting his hand

This is my anthem, this is my song, the theme of the stories
I've heard for so long.God has been faithful, he will be again.
His loving compassion, it knows no end.

No comments: