Thursday, February 7, 2008

Stories behind the songs Sunday February 10,2008

"Glorious"
Chris Tomlin wrote this song while attending a prayer service at the Brooklyn Tabernacle, he sensed the Lords' glory enthroned on the praises of His people as in Psalm 22:3.

Click here to hear Chris share the story on song discovery.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i01HyDBImE

Click here to worship along with the Passion gathering:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGavzW8oN-U&feature=related

"You never let Go"
This powerful new song by Matt Redman has been described as follows from Christianity Today:

"You Never Let Go" begins with a quiet piano and moody atmospherics that mirror far-from-ebullient lyrics based on Psalm 23: Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death/You're perfect love is casting out fear/And even when I'm caught in the middle of the storms of this life/I won't turn back, I know you are near…The chorus is a loud, exultant proclamation that God will never let go of us and in it Redman uses the minor-key construction to subtly (and maturely) declare that God's love is still valid, even in the midst of pain.

Click here to listen watch the video
www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIAdgLR1ZGw

Click here to read more about Matt Redman on his myspace - you can play the song directly from his stand-alone player and can buy the song from his website
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=120781688

Lyrics:
Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I’m caught
in the middle of the storms of this life
I won’t turn back I know You are near
And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear? Whom then shall I fear?

Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go Lord, You never let go of me

"All My Worship"
The Crossroads Youth choir will share this song.

They will be presenting a "TRUE LOVE" fundraising concert Sunday evening at 7:15 in the youth center, purchase your $2.00 ticket on main street Sunday.

Click here to listen to the song:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWhr3DV8ciA

"He Keeps me singing"
A Methodist preacher by the name of Luther Bridges, was born in 1884, he married Sarah Veatch and three lovely sons were born of their union. Pastor Bridges accepted an invitation to minister at a conference in Kentucky in the year 1910, so he left his family in the care of his father-in-law and made the trip to Kentucky. There, two wonderful weeks of ministry resulted. The last service closed with great joy and he was excited to be called to the telephone. He couldn't wait to tell his wife about all the blessings. But it wasn't her voice on that long distance line. He listened in silence to the news that a fire had burned down the house of his father-in-law and his wife and all three of his sons had died in the blaze. That distraught father leaned heavily on His Savior and expressed his faith in God during a tearful moment by penning these words:
There's within my heart a melody Jesus whispers sweet and low,
Fear not, I am with thee, peace, be still, In all of lifes ebb and flow.

Click here to listen to a quartet arrangement:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNQ4RbfF4jM

Click here for a recording of the song:
http://my.homewithgod.com/heavenlymidis/hekeepsmesinging.mid

Click here for a ragtime piano version:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiJrzRg17l4

"When the Night is Falling"
This song is based on Zephaniah 3:17
"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."

Click here to listen to Dennis' songs on his Myspace standalone player:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=71462447

Click here to read more about Dennis Jernigans' ministry:
www.dennisjernigan.com/

Click here for a new song "It's gonna be alright" by Dennis.
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=26797070

Click here to hear Dennis talk about healing from a farm accident:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA7o-E-ewgU

Click here to listen to Dennis Jernigan singing his song:
http://wordmusicnow.com/Song.asp?SongID=305

"Revelation Song"
I was at an Integrity music conference listening to Paul Baloche take some Q&A after a large group session. There were about 15 people standing around when I noticed the name tag on the lady beside me. Her name was Jennie Riddle, I turned and asked her "Your name sounds familiar, how do I know your name?" She said, "Well I did write the song "Revelation Song". Since then I've run into her at the Lamar Boschman worship pastor luncheons. She is housewife in from McKinney, Texas who simply heard what I would call a song from the "other side".

Here is Jennie's myspace:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=92675621

This song is sweeping the country and literally being sung around the world.Click here to listen to the song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FObjd5wrgZ8

Click here to learn more about Kari Jobe and to listen to the song on her myspace standalone player
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=60769488

Offertory Sunday will be "Rebirthing" by the group Tetelesti
Click here to worship along with the group Skillet
www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeptcTsQFbU

No comments: