Thursday, July 24, 2008

Behind the Praise - Sunday July 27, 2008

"The Lord Reigns"

Here is Klaus' testimony in his own words:

There are moments in each person’s life that shape us and cause us to change our course. One such moment in my life happened in the spring of 2003 at an “Encounter” event in Mexico. I attended the conference to help with worship and ended up with an encounter that would change my life. The word I received that weekend from Lindell was that I had not been forgotten, the Lord had need of me in this hour, and that a fountain for the nations was about to open up. Soon after, I received an invitation to be the Worship Leader at Christ For The Nations Institute in Dallas, Texas. From the fall of 2003 through the spring of 2005 I had the privilege of entering into the presence each morning with about 1000 students who were hungry to see God move in their life. That season also opened up the opportunity to produce two CFNI Worship projects,"Glorious" and "Overtaken". I was born in Germany, but by the time I was ten, my family ended up in Canada after several years in Chicago and Michigan. At the age of five I began taking piano lessons and continued training in classical and jazz until I was about 18. I remember hearing Keith Green for the first time and being captivated by the sound of his heart. A lot of other influences weighed in to shape my musical mindset. In 1984 I left Canada and moved to Dallas, Texas to attend Christ For The Nations, Institute. Soon after graduating, I married Julie, who is an amazing woman and my best friend. We have three children, Candace, 11, Aaron Judah, 2, and Olivia Grace, born June 20th of last year.After a number of years in music ministry in Plano, Texas, we felt a season of change coming into our lives. In 1995 I left the church where I was leading Worship and began getting involved with real estate and remodeling homes. Through the years I have continued traveling and Leading Worship while building custom homes in McKinney, Texas. In the spring of 2005 I left Christ For The Nations and started Pure Worship Ministries. We are producing Worship that I believe, touches the heart of God and ministers to His people. The best is yet to come.

Click here to learn more about Klaus Kuehn:
http://www.klausmusic.com/

Click here to listen online:
www.imeem.com/atst/music/c1gewWR1/klaus_kuehn_the_lord_reigns/

Click here to worship along with Klaus:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaWrJtY4fYY&feature=related



"Something Happens"
The worship choir with Jennifer Reynolds will share this powerful song.
Meditate on the lyricsJesus Something special Supernatural about your name
Jesus Something happens when I mention your name
Demons have to flee when I say Jesus (Jesus)
Sickness has to heal when I say Jesus (Jesus)
Every knee shall bow beforeand every tongue proclaim
With worthy praise that matchless name of JesusWhen I call upon Your name the very atmosphere will have to change
We'll be transformed We'll never be the same By the power of Your Holy name


Worship along Kurt Carr
www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCfInYK_9Vg

Worship along with the Marcus Pointe worship choir
www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0NhSITwd4o



“Victory in Jesus”

This is one of those standard hymns for baptist churches. The song was written by southern baptist Eugene Bartlett. Eugene's son Gene Bartlett was the Director of Church music for the state of Oklahoma for 25 years. I had the opportunity to attend "Uncle Gene's" funeral in Oklahoma City. At the funeral the grandson of the composer led the congregation in singing this great hymn. I'll never forget that moment, watching Eugene's grandson lead the congregation in this great song.Eugene Monroe Bartlett Senior was born on Christmas Eve of 1885. He wrote the words to this hymn -- his last song -- in 1939. Mr. Bartlett was well known as a gospel singer, writer, teacher, editor, and publisher. He was inducted into the Gospel Music Hall of Fame in 1979.The words from this well-known and cherished hymn remind us that we can experience victory in Jesus every day of our lives.I heard an old, old story,
How a Savior came from glory,How He gave His life on Calvary
To save a wretch like me;I heard about His groaning,
Of His precious blood's atoning,Then I repented of my sins;
And won the victory.O victory in Jesus,My Savior, forever.He sought me and bought me
With His redeeming blood;He loved me ere I knew Him,
And all my love is due Him,He plunged me to victory,
Beneath the cleansing flood.I heard about His healing,
Of His cleansing power revealing.How He made the lame to walk againAnd caused the blind to see;
And then I cried, "Dear Jesus,Come and heal my broken spirit,
And somehow Jesus came and brought To me the victory.I heard about a mansion
He has built for me in glory.And I heard about the streets of gold
Beyond the crystal sea;About the angels singing,
And the old redemption story,And some sweet day I'll sing up there
The song of victory.



Click here for a clip from one of the homecoming concerts, Cynthia Clawson, Mike Allen & Joy Gardner singing.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPv_S3RpIF4&mode=related&search=


Click here to sing along
www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA_GPPSgRuQ&mode=related&search=


Click here to hear a great organ solo on "Victory in Jesus"
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae_b3sYB8Uo&mode=related&search=


Click here for a great country version
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaFo3ZW_MTQ&mode=related&search=



“In Christ Alone”

This song was written by Keith Getty & Stuart Townend
Townend and Getty both admit they are motivated by the idea of capturing biblical truth in songs and hymns that will not only cause people to express their worship in church, but will build them up in their Christian lives. “I’ve been amazed by the response to this song,” says Townend. “We’ve had some incredible e-mails about how people have been helped by the song through incredibly difficult circumstances.” One e-mail described how a U.S soldier serving in Iraq would pray through each verse of the song every day, and how the promises of God’s protection and grace helped to sustain him through the enormous pressures and dangers of life in a war zone.


Click here to read more about how the song was composed
www.crosswalk.com/1275127/

Click here to worship along with the Newsboys
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8welVgKX8Qo

Click here to worship along with Natalie Grant
www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA9WbEn-Nj8&feature=related



“Holy, Holy, Holy”

Holy, Holy, Holy is a hymn written by Reginald Heber (1783-1826). Its lyrics speak specifically on the Trinity as stated in Christian theology. It was written specifically for the use on Trinity Sunday, which occurs eight weeks after Easter The tune used for this hymn, "Nicaea", was named after the Nicaean Council in 325. It was composed by John Bacchus Dykes in 1861 specifically for the lyrics. The composer wrote many tunes to hymns (over 300) and many are still in use today.

Click here to listen to the story behind the song:
http://hymns.lifespringonline.com/?p=13

Click here to listen to the song:
www.joyfulministry.com/holyholyt.htm

Click here to read more about the song:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy,_Holy,_Holy

Click here to listen to an organ arrangement:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=una7Q2z0WME

Click here to listen to another organ
www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWCXI-b0O54


Click here for an acoustic guitar arrangement:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFrhK1n_K9M

No comments: