Thursday, March 25, 2010

LEAD ME TO THE CROSS - Palm Sunday March 28, 2010


Join us for one of three identical multi-sensory worship services this Sunday
9:30AM, 11:00AM, or 12:30PM

Highlights include:
Multi-sensory worship packet for all participants including:
Communion elements, a cross, a thorn, a scented cloth, a parchment decree & a palm branch
Outreach packet for you to take and use the week before Easter
Worship Choir & Orchestra leading:

"Prepare Ye the Way"

This song was written by Michael W. Smith, check it out here:
www.youtube.com/watch#!videos=nhSa8ou8CHI&v=Iu9WAkb_LKo

“When I speak Your Name”

The following is a testimony from Elizabeth Clark who wrote the song. Music as well as the Word of God has been a part of me even from the beginning of life in my mother's womb; and I have done my best for the past 20 years to follow hard after the heart of God. I have been leading worship for ten years, in youth groups, women's conferences, outdoor events, marriage conferences, worship conferences, youth camps, and have opened for Carmen,Sierra, and Scott Kripaynne, and I have also shared the stage with Rita Springer, Klaus Kuehn, and Lenny Leblanc. Worship leading is not something I just do, I really try to live it, for I was born to worship my Creator. He just happened to give me the gift to sing, play the piano, and write songs. He is my true love. CHRIST FOR THE NATIONS has been a major part of influence, and a molding and shaping ground for me. I attended there in the fall of 2002-2004, and will never forget the memorable moments of pure and intimate worship, as well as the high praise that went up! God is truly leading the way there. Klaus Kuehn,(a man of wisdom, transparency, and a love for his Savior) has played one of the major roles of inspiration and encouragement in my life and "world of music". I praise my God for what he has done, what He is doing, and what He will do!
Click here to visit Elizabeth Clarks’ myspace:
www.myspace.com/elizabethclarklucid

Click here to listen to the song:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2dGtHd5a4k

Click here for another arrangement of the song:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=eygJlLn3vwc

First Hurst’s own Drumline to start the Palm Sunday processional
Made for Praise children & adult dance team
Church in the round

A medical view of the crucifixion: check it out here

Four of our own artists painting their interpretation of the THORN
A monologue on the cross
Celebration of Communion together
A multi-media presentation on the life of Christ and his healing ministry
Sitar musical selections
Chad Carpentar original song “Our Hope is Secure”

No comments: