Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Behind the Praise - Sunday August 22, 2010


“Happy Day”

The greatest day in history, Death is beaten
You have rescued me
Sing it out Jesus is alive
The empty cross, The empty grave
Life eternal You have won the day
Shout it out Jesus is alive
He's alive

Oh happy day, happy day
You washed my sin away
Oh happy day, happy day
I'll never be the same
Forever I am changed

This new song was written by Tim Hughes. Tim Hughes is a British-based Christian music artist, worship leader, and songwriter. Widely respected in Christian music circles, Tim is renowned for his Dove Award-winning modern worship anthem: “Here I Am To Worship”.

Tim & his wife Rachel have been involved with Soul Survivor events around the world as well as the Soul Survivor Watford church for many years.

Tim now heads up the worship at Holy Trinity Brompton, having previously been Worship Pastor at Soul Survivor Watford (a post now held by Ben Cantelon) and is passionate about resourcing musicians and worship leaders.

Click here to learn more about Tim:
www.timhughesmusic.com/

Click here to sing along:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAq_CVciNSs

Click here to purchase Tim Hughes “Happy Day”
Tim Hughes - Holding Nothing Back - Happy Day

“When I speak Your Name”

The following is a testimony from Elizabeth Clark who wrote the song.

Music as well as the Word of God has been a part of me even from the beginning of life in my mother's womb; and I have done my best for the past 20 years to follow hard after the heart of God. I have been leading worship for ten years, in youth groups, women's conferences, outdoor events, marriage conferences, worship conferences, youth camps, and have opened for Carmen,Sierra, and Scott Kripaynne, and I have also shared the stage with Rita Springer, Klaus Kuehn, and Lenny Leblanc. Worship leading is not something I just do, I really try to live it, for I was born to worship my Creator. He just happened to give me the gift to sing, play the piano, and write songs. He is my true love.

CHRIST FOR THE NATIONS has been a major part of influence, and a molding and shaping ground for me. I attended there in the fall of 2002-2004, and will never forget the memorable moments of pure and intimate worship, as well as the high praise that went up! God is truly leading the way there. Klaus Kuehn,(a man of wisdom, transparency, and a love for his Savior) has played one of the major roles of inspiration and encouragement in my life and "world of music". I praise my God for what he has done, what He is doing, and what He will do!

Click here to visit Elizabeth Clarks’ myspace:
www.myspace.com/elizabethclarklucid

Click here to listen to the song:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2dGtHd5a4k

Click here for another arrangement of the song:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=eygJlLn3vwc

"Mighty To Save"

This is another song from the Hillsong music ministry in Sydney Australia. This song is by Reuben Morgan & Ben Fielding. This song has a great re-occuring text. "OUR GOD IS MIGHT TO SAVE". This is taken from the passage in Zephaniah 3:17. “The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."

Click here to read more about Reuben Morgan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reuben_Morgan

Click here to worship along with the song:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR8rlTIU8_Y

"Glory to God Forever"

Click here to listen to the song:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=h64opCwLZCw

Click here to listen to how the song was written:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4eAjibzG0o

"From the inside out"

This powerful worship song is by Joel Houston. Joel Timothy Houston (born September 19, 1979) is a song writer and worship leader at the Hillsong Church in Sydney, Australia. He is employed as the producer of Hillsong's youth band, Hillsong United. He is the oldest son of Hillsong Church's pastors Brian and Bobbie Houston and grandson of Frank Houston. He has two siblings, a brother Benjamin and a sister, Laura.

Click here to worship along:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv0qZl_Qu84

Click here to listen online:
www.last.fm/music/Hillsong+United

"It is Well"

Click here to watch the Gaither video version with David Phelps
www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPFVijGcLtI

Click here for more background information:
www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Is_Well_With_My_Soul

To listen to the song click here:
www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/i/t/i/itiswell.htm

"Life Song" - Offerotry - Brandon Barton

Click here to listen to the song:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaia32TsPq0

No comments: