Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Behind the Praise - Sunday September 26, 2010


"Awake, My Soul"

click here to listen to the song
www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-wYZLd_FIk

"Love Lifted Me"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th_L2IA94Gg

Matthew 14: 30-33 (NASB) But seeing the wind, he became frightened, and beginning to sink, he cried out, “Lord, save me!” Immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and took hold of him, and said to him, “You of little faith, why did you doubt?” When they got into the boat, the wind stopped. And those who were in the boat worshipped Him, saying, “You are certainly God’s Son!”

Rowe and Smith wrote this song in Saugatuck, Connecticut. According to Rowe’s daughter:
“Howard E. Smith was a little man whose hands were so knotted with arthritis that you would wonder how he could use them at all, much less play the piano…I can see them now, my father strid¬ng up and down humming a bar or two and Howard E. playing it and jotting it down.”

“You are For me”

Click here to visit Kari Jobe’s website:
www.karijobe.com

Click here to hear Kari share about how she wrote the song:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB4phSOaheM&feature=PlayList&p=E7841C140C8806D7&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=7

Click here to listen to Kari Jobe sing the song:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdfKTTeGj2U&feature=fvw

Click here to purchase “You are for me”
Kari Jobe - Kari Jobe - You Are for Me

"Lead me to the Cross"

Savior I come Quiet my soul remember
Redemptions hill Where Your blood was spilled For my ransom
Everything I once held dear I count it all as lost

Lead me to the cross Where Your love poured out
Bring me to my knees Lord I lay me down Rid me of myself
I belong to You Lead me, lead me to the cross

You were as I Tempted and trialed
You are The word became flesh
Bore my sin and death Now you're risen
To your heart To your heart
Lead me to your heart Lead me to your heart

Brooke Fraser was born in New Zealand. She is on of the main key worshippers of Sydney Australia's Hillsong Church and is married to on of Hillsong United's songwritters Scott Ligertwood. She has appeared on many live worship albums. She is a born again Christian. She was born to former 'All Black' Bernie Fraser and Lynda Fraser and is the oldest out of 3 children

Click here to learn more about Brooke Fraser:
www.brookefraser.com

Click here to listen online:
www.imeem.com/people/riK9nJK/music/Mj1XCeWj/hillsong_united_lead_me_to_the_cross/

Click here to worship along on the song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcvMQOZkusQ

“I Stand Amazed in the Presence"

This hymn was written by Charles Gabriel. Growing up on an Io¬wa farm, Ga¬bri¬el taught him¬self to play the fam¬i¬ly’s reed or¬gan. He be¬gan teach¬ing in sing¬ing schools by age 16, and became well known as a teacher and composer. He served as music director at Grace Methodist Episcopal Church, San Francisco, California (1890-2), then moved to Chicago, Illinois. In 1912 he began working with Homer Rodeheaver’s publishing company. His edited some 43 song books, 7 men’s chorus books, 19 anthem collections, and 23 cantatas.

I stand amazed in the presence Of Jesus the Nazarene
And I wonder how He could love me, A sinner condemned, unclean.

How marvelous, how wonderful And my song shall ever be.
How marvelous, how wonderful Is my Savior's love for me.

For me it was in the garden He prayed, "Not my will, but thine"
He had no tears for His own griefs, But sweat drops of blood for mine.

He took my sins and my sorrows, He made them His very own;
He bore the burden to Calv'ry, And suffered and died alone.

When with the ransomed in glory His face I at last shall see,
'Twill be my joy thro' the ages, To sing of His love for me.

Click here for an arrangement:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjCoX4tRoT8

Click here for another arrangement:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkFOtaO8B9c&feature=related

No comments: