Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Stories Behind the Songs - Sunday August 5, 2007

"God, Great God"
We'll be called to worship Sunday by the worship choir singing this great gospel song by Kurt Carr. As gifted a songwriter as Kurt Carr is an artist, instrumentalist, producer, arranger and conductor, Kurt has twice written the Stellar Songs of the Year; Byron Cage’s smash, “The Presence of the Lord Is Here,” as well as his own group’s classic, “In the Sanctuary.” So broad in fact is the reach of Kurt’s music that “In the Sanctuary” has, to date, been translated into nine different languages and recorded by more than 20 different groups the world over.
Click here to hear the song "God, Great God" www.firsthurst.com/HURST_worship_resources.php

"All My Life" by the Parachute Band
John 8:36 says: 'So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed'. All My Life was written in response to the freedom found in Jesus. It's a simple song, but it's a simple message. Jesus is my freedom and my reason and I love Him with all my life.

"In the Sanctuary"
We'll be led in worship by the Crossroads youth choir. This song is also on the worship choir recording "Songs in the Key of Life"
Click here to worship along with the Hope Baptist church choir.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd-wZS0VenA

"Again I say Rejoice"
The Crossroads youth choir will share this song by Israel Houghton. We'll also get to see a video recap of their trip to St. Louis. Click here to hear Israels' recording.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmzygXtbSSI

"You Give Me Joy"
Jonathan Stockstill is the worship leader for Bethany World Prayer Center in Baton Rouge, LA. Also a songwriter, he has written or co-written over 50 songs for the body of Christ. Stockstill has played the piano and guitar for over 20 years. Son of Bethany’s current pastor Larry Stockstill and grandson of church founder Roy Stockstill, Jonathan has attended Bethany his entire life. Jonathan has a heart to train and equip worship leaders and further believes this is the generation that will usher in the return of Jesus. His music emphasizes both the necessity for holiness before God but also the urgency of speaking out for Jesus. He and his wife Angie have been married since February 2005 and together they are a fresh voice for God’s kingdom.

"Still"
… the challenge of the Church is to keep worship accessible to all people - Rueben Morgan
Rueben wrote the song "Still" as a reminder to "be still and know that I am God"
click here to read more about Rueben
www.christianity.ca/entertainment/music/2005/10.000.html
Click here to worship along with the Hillsong version
www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPC5S81h7Zo



"Blessed Assurance"
The story behind the writing of "Blessed assurance" is simple, yet interesting. One day Miss Crosby was in the home of her friend Mrs Joseph F. Knapp. In the Knapp home was installed what was believed to be the largest pipe organ ever placed in a private dwelling. However, on this particular day Mrs Knapp called her guest over to the piano to listen to a new melody she had just composed. After playing the tune a few times she asked, 'What do you think the tune says?'"Blessed assurance Jesus is mine", answered Fanny Crosby, and then, drawing from her vast storehouse of Scripture knowledge, continued with Oh what a foretaste of glory divine Heir of salvation, purchase of GodBorn of His Spirit, washed in His blood.In a very short time a new sacred song was born with words by Fanny Crosby and music by Mrs J. F. Knapp.Although written as far back as 1873 Blessed Assurance still remains a firm favourite with Christians everywhere.

Click here to read more about Fanny Crosby
www.sermonaudio.com/hymn_details.asp?PID=blessedassurance#history
Click here for a sing-along version
www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXh-loC8Ans


"Famous One"
Click here to listen to Chris talk about how he wrote the song in an effort to reclaim the word famous for God
www.theheartofworship.org/stories/Story-196-FamousOne-Tomlin.mp3
Click here to worship along with Chris Tomlin
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCMaOyeR9hM&mode=related&search=

"Something More"
Tami McLallen will minister this song and Kristi King will minister to the Lord through dance
click here to read Kristi Starlings' amazing story
www.christianitytoday.com/music/reviews/2003/kristystarling.html

"Everything's changed, and I want to believe There must be a reason, there just has to be Cause my faith is strong, till it all hits home And it's not enough for me to trust When it hurts too much On the days I feel like I've failed you The days I feel I've been failed I need to praise You For I am Yours, I'm Yours Where is the power, to give what I gave Give back the strength Give back the faith I had yesterday Cause you are my God You are my Great I Am And I know I have fallen but..I have landed in healing hands On the days I feel like I've failed you The days I feel I've been failed I need to praise You For I am Yours, I'm Yours and in my fraility, you lead me to something more So I close my eyes, cause inside my heart I believe, that I'm not alone You'll always be there for me On the days I feel like I've failed you The days I feel I've been failed I know that I need to praise You For I am yours, still yours Cause I believe you lead me to something more Something more, something more..."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://minecraft-online-blog.com/play-minecraft-online/]Online Minecraft[/url]

Anonymous said...

you definitely love [URL=http://www.coach--outlet-online.net/]coach outlet[/URL] for more detail ozgySgWN [URL=http://www.coach--outlet-online.net/ ] http://www.coach--outlet-online.net/ [/URL]

Anonymous said...

No health club will scale your payments from virtually practically nothing,
going up a tiny bit every single pair of months, but which is
exactly whatever you can perform when building your property health and fitness center.


Here is my web site; bowflex selecttech 552 dumbbells review