Thursday, August 16, 2007

Stories behind the songs - Sunday August 19, 2007

Worship quote for this week:

"All worship is a response to a revelation - it's only as we breathe in more of the wonders of God that we can breathe out a fuller response to Him"

"Blessed Be Your Name"
We'll begin our worship with this powerful song by Matt Redman
Click here to hear the story behind the song by Matt Redman.
www.theheartofworship.org/stories/Story-257-BlessedBeYourName-Redman.mp3
Click here to hear the song
www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6xo5KogzaI
Click here to worship along with Tree63
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mZH9T9XNVU&mode=related&search=

"God is Great"
This song was written by Marty Sampson one of the Hillsong worship leaders from Australia. When asked about the modern worship movement Marty commented recently
"I think young people are getting more and more passionate about their relationships with God and His kingdom. They desire to see God moving in their lives and in the lives of those around them"


Marty Sampson (b. May 31, 1979) is a Christian songwriter and a worship leader at the Hillsong Church in Sydney, Australia. Originally featuring in the Youth Alive albums of the late 1990s, he was one of original Hillsong United worship leaders and has led worship on every United album to date. He plays guitar and occasionally piano. Click here to hear Marty leading another song "Carry me"
www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1kM46oO39U

"God Says your Gonna Make it"
The worship choir will share a great gospel song by Mike Speck
click here to learn more about Mikes' ministry www.mikespeckministries.com/mike_bio.asp

"Down at the Cross"
Click here to learn more about the composers of this great hymn.
www.preparingforeternity.org/hymn_stories/glory_to_his.shtml

Down at the cross where my Savior died,
Down where for cleansing from sin I cried,
There to my heart was the blood applied;
Glory to His Name!
Refrain
Glory to His Name, glory to His Name:
There to my heart was the blood applied;Glory to His Name!

I am so wondrously saved from sin,
Jesus so sweetly abides within;
There at the cross where He took me in;
Glory to His Name!

"Break Through"
This is a great song by Tommy Walker, you'll want to listen to this one you can find the song here www.firsthurst.com/HURST_worship_resources.php

Break through, break through all my doubts
Break through, break through all my fears
Break through that I may worship You
Break through, break through all my pain
Break through, all my guilt and my shame
Break through like only You can do
You are brighter than my darkest night
Stronger than my toughest fight
Just one touch from You my King, my friend
And I’ll never be the same again

"Who Can Satisfy"
Who can satisfy my soul like you
Who on earth can comfort me and love me like You do
Who could ever be more faithful and true
I will trust in You I will trust in You my God
There is a fountain Who is a King
Victorious warrior and Lord of everything
My rock my shleter my very own
Blessed Redeemer Who reigns upon the throne

Message "When Righteousness Reigns"
Isaiah 32:2, 15-16, 35:1-6, 9-10; (Revelation 7:16-17)

No comments: