Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Stories Behind the songs - Sunday September 2, 2007

Worship Quote of the week:

God took His time and made everything about you on purpose so that you would function and express that irreplaceable part of His body.

"All the Earth will sing Your Praises"
Paul Baloche says that this song was his attempt to write a song that would cover the story of Jesus from the cradle to the empty grave, a song that would encompass the gospel. Click here to hear Paul talk about the song.

www.theheartofworship.org/stories/Story-312-AlltheEarthWillSing-Baloche.mp3
Click here to worship along with Paul
www.youtube.com/watch?v=liA-jyoPuX8

"To God be the Glory"
Tommy Walker arranged this great hymn by Fanny Crosby.
Fanny Crosby was prob­ab­ly the most pro­lif­ic hymn­ist in his­to­ry. Though blind­ed by an in­com­pe­tent doc­tor at six weeks of age, she wrote over 8,000 hymns. About her blind­ness, she said:
It seemed intend­ed by the bless­ed prov­i­dence of God that I should be blind all my life, and I thank him for the dis­pen­sa­tion. If per­fect earth­ly sight were of­fered me to­mor­row I would not ac­cept it. I might not have sung hymns to the praise of God if I had been dis­tract­ed by the beau­ti­ful and in­ter­est­ing things about me.
Click here to listen to the song:
The worship choir will share this great southern gospel favorite that includes "He lifted me", "I stand upon the Rock" and "Hide me rock of ages"


"Everlasting"
Brenton Brown wrote this song after both he and his wife had being diagnosed with Chronic fatigue syndrome
Great song by Brenton Brown, check him out here.www.brentonbrownmusic.com/
Click here to listen to him share about how the song came about
Click here to listen to Lincoln Brewsters' arrangement
Click here to listen to Brenton Brown & Paul Baloche

"Footsteps of Jesus"
The lyrics were written by Mary Bridges Canedy Slade, a Fall River, Massachusetts teacher, assistant editor of The New England Journal of Education and wife of a minister. The melody is by Asa B. Everett who completed his medical training only to pursue a career in music. He studied in Leipzig, Germany for four years
Click here to sing along
"Amazing Grace" (My Chains Are Gone)
Click here to hear Chris Tomlin share about how he wrote the alternate chorus:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU_4lIik9D8
here is more information on how the song came about.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=IliVc9JqW0I
Click here to watch the music video




Sundays' sermon "Against all Odds"
Moses Crosses the Red Sea
Exodus 13:17-14:31

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I drор a cοmment each time I appreсiate а poѕt on a site or if I havе something to valuable to contribute to the diѕcussion.
Usually it is a result of the sincerness communicatеd in the
post I loοked at. And on this aгticle "Stories Behind the songs - Sunday September 2, 2007".
I wаs actually excited enough to lеаve а thought :-) I аctually ԁo havе
2 quеѕtions fоr yоu if it's allright. Is it simply me or does it look as if like some of the remarks appear like coming from brain dead individuals? :-P And, if you are posting at additional online social sites, I would like to follow anything fresh you have to post. Could you make a list every one of your public sites like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?

Also visit my blog post - diamondlinks review