Thursday, November 1, 2007

Stories behind the songs - Sunday November 4, 2007

Creation is alive with musicality; and every sound, note and strain is a response to the divine, pointing to the author of all life – God Himself.


"Did You feel the Mountains Tremble"
click here for the story behind the song:
www.theheartofworship.org/stories/Story-197-DidYouFeeltheMountainsTremble-Smith.mp3
Click here to listen to the song:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4Q5vVa0q8Q
Click here to read more about Martin Smith the composer:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Smith_(songwriter)


"Everlasting God"
Brenton Brown wrote this song after both he and his wife had being diagnosed with Chronic fatigue syndrome
Great song by Brenton Brown, check him out here.
www.brentonbrownmusic.com/
Click here to listen to him share about how the song came about
www.youtube.com/watch?v=YePOcs88kqw
Click here to listen to Lincoln Brewsters' arrangement
www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP2nz6PG8KM&mode=related&search=
Click here to listen to Brenton Brown & Paul Baloche
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bLWwnVBuF8

"Breathe on Me" Soloist Karen Rutledge
This song was written by Natalie Grant click here to read more about her ministry
www.nataliegrant.com/?content=music

"Give thanks to the Lord"
This song was written by Jon Essen, who grew up at First Hurst. Here are Jons' thought on writing the song:

"I think there are seasons and times in our lives when seeing God as He really is, becomes not just a vain concept, but a heartfelt and tangible reality. I remember sitting down at the piano one night after reflecting on how great knowing God really is...the joy, the peace, the amazing relationship He opens up to us through Jesus. As I thought about it, it simply made me want to worship God and express that I was so grateful for everything He had done in my life...but more than that, I was grateful that in all His power and splendor, He would choose me, and call me His own. Honestly, it’s a concept that never gets old to me...I love knowing Jesus." Jon Essen

"The More I seek You"
click here to read more about Zach Neese who wrote this powerful worship song
www.gatewaypeople.com/churchinfo/index.php?action=staffbiodetails&sid=180
Click here to worship along with Kari Jobe (LD Bell High school graduate)www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3GijrnfStk

Psalm 13
Long enough, God— you've ignored me long enough.
I've looked at the back of your head long enough.
Long enough I've carried this ton of trouble, lived with a stomach full of pain.
Long enough my arrogant enemies have looked down their noses at me. Take a good look at me, God, my God; I want to look life in the eye, So no enemy can get the best of me or laugh when I fall on my face. I've thrown myself headlong into your arms I'm celebrating your rescue.
I'm singing at the top of my lungs, I'm so full of answered prayers.



"Great is Thy Faithfulness"


Thomas Obadiah Chisolm
While many hymns are born out of a particular dramatic experience, this hymn was simply the result of the author’s morning by morning realization of God’s personal faithfulness. Thomas Obadiah Chisholm was born in a log cabin in Kentucky. Without the benefit of high school or advanced training, he began his career as a school teacher at the age of sixteen, in the same country schoolhouse where he had received his elementary training. When he was twenty-one, he became the associate editor of his home town weekly newspaper, The Franklin Favorite. Six years later he accepted Christ as his personal Savior during a revival meeting. Later Chisholm was ordained to the Methodist ministry but was forced to resign after a brief pastorate because of poor health. Chisholm retired in 1953 and spent his remaining years at the Methodist Home for the Aged, in Ocean Grove, New Jersey.
In a letter dated 1941, Mr. Chisholm wrote; “My income has not been large at any time due to impaired health in the earlier years which has followed me until now, although I must not fail to record the unfailing faithfulness of a covenant-keeping God, for which I am filled with astonishing gratefulness.”



Click here to see the lyrics:
www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/g/i/gisthyf.htm
Click here to see the Gaither video arrangement
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRT08LdEstw
Click here for an organ arrangement
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CIjceUj_oI
Click here for a guitar arrangement
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EDK4dLjeCo
Click here for a gospel arrangement
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjDfX7SOslQ




Sermon Series: "Jobs of Jesus III"
Maintenance Man (He Cleans Up Our Messes) Matthew 8:1-3


"For All You've Done" Soloist Nancy Hill

Oh cleanser of the mess I've made
Upon the hill our places trade
Stretched on a cross Your body crushed
By human hands You formed from dust

How wonderful Your mercy is
How awesome are Your ways
I come, I comeTo worship You
For all You've done

Oh cleanser of the mess I've made
Your boundless love for me portrayed
With patience for my learning curve
By holding back what I deserve

Oh cleanser of the mess I've made
With everything at Your feet laid
I watch as all my cares erode
And from my soul these words explode
Chorus

This song was popularized by Point of Grace click here to learn more about their ministry:
http://pointofgrace.net/

No comments: