Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Behind the Praise - Sunday June 15, 2008

Happy Fathers' day to all you fathers.

I was blessed to have a great Dad who went to be with the Lord in 1989 after battling colon cancer for 10 months. There isn't a day that I don't think of his influence and the love he shared with our family. I miss him; I look forward this Sunday as we honor fathers. See you Sunday, Mark



"All the Earth will Sing your praises"

Paul Baloche says that this song was his attempt to write a song that would cover the story of Jesus from the cradle to the empty grave, a song that would encompass the gospel.


Click here to hear Paul talk about the song.

Click here to worship along with Paul

"The Lord Reigns"
Here is Klaus' testimony in his own words:

There are moments in each person’s life that shape us and cause us to change our course. One such moment in my life happened in the spring of 2003 at an “Encounter” event in Mexico. I attended the conference to help with worship and ended up with an encounter that would change my life. The word I received that weekend from Lindell was that I had not been forgotten, the Lord had need of me in this hour, and that a fountain for the nations was about to open up. Soon after, I received an invitation to be the Worship Leader at Christ For The Nations Institute in Dallas, Texas. From the fall of 2003 through the spring of 2005 I had the privilege of entering into the presence each morning with about 1000 students who were hungry to see God move in their life. That season also opened up the opportunity to produce two CFNI Worship projects,"Glorious" and "Overtaken". I was born in Germany, but by the time I was ten, my family ended up in Canada after several years in Chicago and Michigan. At the age of five I began taking piano lessons and continued training in classical and jazz until I was about 18. I remember hearing Keith Green for the first time and being captivated by the sound of his heart. A lot of other influences weighed in to shape my musical mindset. In 1984 I left Canada and moved to Dallas, Texas to attend Christ For The Nations, Institute. Soon after graduating, I married Julie, who is an amazing woman and my best friend. We have three children, Candace, 11, Aaron Judah, 2, and Olivia Grace, born June 20th of last year.After a number of years in music ministry in Plano, Texas, we felt a season of change coming into our lives. In 1995 I left the church where I was leading Worship and began getting involved with real estate and remodeling homes. Through the years I have continued traveling and Leading Worship while building custom homes in McKinney, Texas. In the spring of 2005 I left Christ For The Nations and started Pure Worship Ministries. We are producing Worship that I believe, touches the heart of God and ministers to His people. The best is yet to come.

Click here to learn more about Klaus Kuehn:
http://www.klausmusic.com/

Click here to listen online:
www.imeem.com/atst/music/c1gewWR1/klaus_kuehn_the_lord_reigns/

Click here to worship along with Klaus:

The worship choir will minister this song with Lisa Speir

Oh Thou who knowest my beginning,
Thou who created the plan,
who orchestrated my life's journey;
God, You are my God.God of decisions, Creator of answers,
Thou who ordained my way, through my transition,
held my position; God, You are my God.I will forever give You praise,
honor and celebrate Your name,
God of the past, present, and Who is to come;
Whatever You do with me it's alright, You have my total trust,
Glory and honor, dominion and power; God, You are my God.

"He keeps me singing"
A Methodist preacher by the name of Luther Bridges, was born in 1884, he married Sarah Veatch and three lovely sons were born of their union. Pastor Bridges accepted an invitation to minister at a conference in Kentucky in the year 1910, so he left his family in the care of his father-in-law and made the trip to Kentucky. There, two wonderful weeks of ministry resulted. The last service closed with great joy and he was excited to be called to the telephone. He couldn't wait to tell his wife about all the blessings. But it wasn't her voice on that long distance line. He listened in silence to the news that a fire had burned down the house of his father-in-law and his wife and all three of his sons had died in the blaze. That distraught father leaned heavily on His Savior and expressed his faith in God during a tearful moment by penning these words:

There's within my heart a melody Jesus whispers sweet and low,
Fear not, I am with thee, peace, be still, In all of lifes ebb and flow.

Click here to listen to a quartet arrangement:

Click here for a recording of the song:

Click here for a ragtime piano version:


"Glory to His Name"

Click here to learn more about the composers of this great hymn.www.preparingforeternity.org/hymn_stories/glory_to_his.shtml


Down at the cross where my Savior died,
Down where for cleansing from sin I cried,
There to my heart was the blood applied;
Glory to His Name!Refrain Glory to His Name, glory to His Name:
There to my heart was the blood applied;Glory to His Name!
I am so wondrously saved from sin,Jesus so sweetly abides within;
There at the cross where He took me in;Glory to His Name!

"Amazing Grace" (My Chains Are Gone)

Click here to hear Chris Tomlin share about how he wrote the alternate chorus:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU_4lIik9D8

here is more information on how the song came about.


Click here to watch the music video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU_4lIik9D8

More information on how the song came about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IliVc9JqW0I

Click here to watch the music video
Steven Curtis Chapman wrote this song after an evening bath time with his daughters. He wrote the following statement on how the song affected him:
I worry about the five minutes or five days or five years ahead. Or I look over my shoulder and say, “Boy, that was great back there,” or “I should have done this back there.” But I’m really trying to learn the importance of showing up in the moment – the good ones, the hard ones, the happy ones, the sad ones – every moment. I want to try and engage in these moments with our children, and all of the moments in between. That’s why I wrote “Cinderella” as a reminder to myself: I hope it encourages you.

Click here to listen to the song by Steven Curtis Chapman:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUk5SZ18WhY&feature=related

No comments: