Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Behind the Praise - Sunday June 8, 2008



"I will Boast"

Read more about Paul Baloches' ministry here
This song is based on the verse Jeremiah 9:24
"Let him who boasts boast in the Lord."


The Apostle Paul, writes this in 1 Corinthians 1:26-31:"Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things - and the things that are not - to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him. It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God - that is, our righteousness, holiness, and redemption. Therefore, as it is written(in Jeremiah 9:24): "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord."

Click here to worship with the song:

"The Lord Reigns"

Here is Klaus' testimony in his own words:

There are moments in each person's life that shape us and cause us to change our course. One such moment in my life happened in the spring of 2003 at a "Encounter" event in Mexico. I attended the conference to help with worship and ended up with an encounter that would change my life. The word I received that weekend from Lindell was that I had not been forgotten, the Lord had need of me in this hour, and that a fountain for the nations was about to open up.
Soon after, I received an invitation to be the Worship Leader at Christ For The Nations Institute in Dallas, Texas. From the fall of 2003 through the spring of 2005 I had the privilege of entering into the presence each morning with about 1000 students who were hungry to see God move in their life. That season also opened up the opportunity to produce two CFNI Worship projects,"Glorious" and "Overtaken".
I was born in Germany, but by the time I was ten, my family ended up in Canada after several years in Chicago and Michigan. At the age of five I began taking piano lessons and continued training in classical and jazz until I was about 18. I remember hearing Keith Green for the first time and being captivated by the sound of his heart. A lot of other influences weighed in to shape my musical mindset.
In 1984 I left Canada and moved to Dallas, Texas to attend Christ For The Nations, Institute. Soon after graduating, I married Julie, who is an amazing woman and my best friend. We have three children, Candace, 11, Aaron Judah, 2, and Olivia Grace, born June 20th of last year.
After a number of years in music ministry in Plano, Texas, we felt a season of change coming into our lives. In 1995 I left the church where I was leading Worship and began getting involved with real estate and remodeling homes. Through the years I have continued traveling and Leading Worship while building custom homes in McKinney, Texas.
In the spring of 2005 I left Christ For The Nations and started Pure Worship Ministries. We are producing Worship that I believe, touches the heart of God and ministers to His people. The best is yet to come.


Click here to learn more about Klaus Kuehn:

Click here to listen online:

Click here to worship along with Klaus:


"All about Your glory"

This song was written by Tommy Walker: Tommy has led worship at Christian Assembly in Los Angeles, California with his pastor, Mark Pickerill, since 1990. He has traveled with Promise Keepers, Greg Laurie Harvest Crusades and Franklin Graham.He has also been privileged to serve with such church leaders as Jack Hayford, Bill Hybels and Rick Warren. He has recorded worship projects for Maranatha! Music, Integrity Music, and Get Down Ministries.He has written over 100 songs that are currently being tracked by C.C.L.I. and are being sung in churches around the world, including He Knows My Name, Only A God Like You, That's Why We Praise Him, Lord I Believe In You, Mourning Into Dancing, Break Through, This is What Christmas Means to Me, and his latest song, I Have a Hope.For the last decade Tommy has traveled internationally holding worship concerts and mercy ministry outreaches in places where people are in great need. He has led his worship team to the Philippines, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Guatemala, Zambia and Brazil.Tommy has been married to his wife, Robin, for seventeen years. They have four children, Jake, Levi, Emmie and Eileen. To be found faithful to His God, his family and his local church will always be his greatest achievement.


Here are the lyrics:
I wanna make my life all about Your glory I wanna spend my days telling the world Your story
In everything I do, in everything I say, Following after You, giving You thanks and praise
I wanna make my life all about Your honor Morning noon and night, my best I want to offer
In everything I do, in everything I say, Following after You, giving You thanks and praise

Make me an instrument, make me a song of praise Make me a shining light that radiates Your ways
Make me Your masterpiece, Lord put me on displayThat I may ever be a picture of Your grace
Your glory, Your honor That’s what I want my life to be all about
Your goodness, Your kindness Your life in me ever reaching out

Your mercy, forgiveness That’s what I want my life to be all about
Your love and Your power Your life in me ever reaching out

"Are you Washed in the Blood"

This song was writtne by Elisha Hoffman. Hoffman (1839-1929) was an American minister and Gospel song and hymn writer who wrote the words and music for such familiar hymns as "Are You Washed in the Blood?," "I Must Tell Jesus," "Is Your All on the Altar?," and "What a Wonderful Saviour!"


Click here for a bluegrass arrangement:

Click here for an arrangement by Loretta Lynn:

Click here for an arrangement by Alan Jackson:


"There is Power in the Blood"

This hymn was written by Lewis E. Jones.

Born: Feb­ru­a­ry 8, 1865, Yates City, Illinois.
Died: Sep­tem­ber 1, 1936, Santa Barbara, Cal­i­for­nia.
Buried: Altoona Walnut Grove Cem­e­te­ry, Etowah Coun­ty, Alabama.

Pseudonyms:Lewis Edgar, Edgar Lewis, & Mary Slater

A class­mate of evan­gel­ist Bil­ly Sun­day, Jones at­tend­ed the Moo­dy Bi­ble In­sti­tute. After grad­u­a­tion, he worked for the Young Men’s Christ­ian As­so­ci­a­tion in Da­ven­port, Io­wa; Fort Worth, Tex­as (1915); and San­ta Bar­ba­ra, Cal­i­forn­ia (1925). Hymn writ­ing was his avo­ca­tion. Lew­is E. Jones wrote this song in 1899. Jones wrote this song at a camp meet­ing at Mount­ain Lake Park, Mar­y­land.

Click here for a gospel arrangement:

Click here to worship along Sandra Crouch:

Click here to worship along with Mahalia Jackson:

Click here for another arrangement:


"New Doxology"

This is a new arrangement of the traditional Doxology. The added verse was written by Thomas Miller worship pastor at Gateway church in Southlake, Texas.
Click here to listen to Thomas share about how he wrote the additional verses from the third person:


A doxology (from the Greek doxa, glory + logos, word or speaking) is a short hymn of praise to God in various Christian worship services, often added to the end of canticles, psalms, and hymnsThis doxology has widespread use in English circles, in some Protestant traditions commonly referred to simply as "The Doxology" and in others as “The Common Doxology”, is:Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow;Praise Him, all creatures here below;Praise Him above, ye Heavenly Host;Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Amen.

This text, which was originally the seventh and final stanza of "Glory to thee, my God, this night", a hymn for evening worship written by Thomas Ken in about 1674, is usually sung to the tune Old 100th, but also to Duke Street by John Hatton, Lasst uns erfreuen, and The Eighth Tune by Thomas Tallis, among others.

Click here for a recording of the Gateway version:

Click here to listen online:

Click here to hear and see the Doxology

Click here to hear one of the most accomplished guitarist present a unique version

Sermon this Sunday is "Observation of the Bride"
Psalm 45:9, 13-15 Revelation 21:9b










1 comment:

Aaron Pike said...

Hi. You might enjoy this arrangement of God of our Fathers set to both the original "Russian Hymn" and the tune that we all know now. Recently performed at a Patriots and Pioneers celebration

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvK_UPHMfcU