Friday, March 13, 2009

Behind the Praise - Sunday March 22, 2009

"To God be the Glory"


Tommy Walker arranged this great hymn by Fanny Crosby.Fanny Crosby was prob­ab­ly the most pro­lif­ic hymn­ist in his­to­ry. Though blind­ed by an in­com­pe­tent doc­tor at six weeks of age, she wrote over 8,000 hymns. About her blind­ness, she said:"It seemed intend­ed by the bless­ed prov­i­dence of God that I should be blind all my life, and I thank him for the dis­pen­sa­tion. If per­fect earth­ly sight were of­fered me to­mor­row I would not ac­cept it. I might not have sung hymns to the praise of God if I had been dis­tract­ed by the beau­ti­ful and in­ter­est­ing things about me."

Click here to listen to the song:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qlfNZiDV4A

"Use me" worship choir with Deborah Reavis

If you can use anything Lord, You can use me If You can use anything Lord,
You can use me Take my hands Lord and my feet
Touch my heart Lord, speak through me
If You can use anything Lord, You can use me

Click here to listen to the song:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPhAlDBzOI0

“I have a River”

I have a river, a river of life,Flowing in side of me, and it never runs dry. I have a treasure, a glorious prize,The Spirit of God in me, in abundant supply.

Verse 1 Jesus, You are my living water,
And I’ll never need what this world offers. So I will rejoice,For You have made me glad. I want this world to want what I have.

Verse 2 Spirit of God, my source of power.You’ve given more, than I could ask for. So I will rejoice, For You have made me glad. I want this world to want what I have.

Click here to listen to the song:
www.emusic.com/album/I-Have-a-River-MP3-Download/10941126.html

Billy Foote has been a worship leader for 16 years. He travels with his band and his wife, Cindy, is the vocal lead. Together they lead worship at college, youth, mission and church-wide events. Billy is also a prolific worship song writer. He’s written many widely known songs such as “You Are My King (Amazing Love),” “Sing to the King,” “You Are God Alone (NOT A god),” “I Have a River” and “Break Our Hearts.” Billy and Cindy desire to teach that worship is more than a song or something to do at an event. It’s a lifestyle.Billy and Cindy adopted their daughter Libby and you can follow their family story at http://www.followthefeet.blogspot.com/. Currently Billy and Cindy are also adopting from Ethiopia. You can follow this adoption journey at: http://www.adoptingaria.blogspot.com/. They make their home in San Antonio, Texas.

You may also visit: www.myspace.com/billyfooteband

Click here to learn more about Billy’s ministry:
www.billyfoote.com/


“Hosanna”

I see the King of GloryComing on the clouds with fire The whole earth shakes The whole earth shakes yeah
I see His Love and Mercy Washing over all our sinThe people sing The people sing
Hosanna hosannaHosanna in the highestHosanna hosannaHosanna in the highest
I see a generationRising up to take their placeWith selfless faithWith selfless faith
I see a near revivalStirring as we pray and seekWe're on our kneesWe're on our knees
Hosanna hosannaHosanna in the highest Hosanna hosannaHosanna in the highest
Heal my heart and make it cleanOpen up my eyes to the things unseen Show me how to love like You have loved me Break my heart for what breaks Yours Everything I am for Your Kingdom's causeAs I walk from earth into eternity
Hosanna hosanna Hosanna in the highest Hosanna hosanna Hosanna in the highest


Brooke Gabrielle Fraser (born December 15th, 1983 in Wellington, New Zealand) is an award-winning New Zealand singer/songwriter. ~*Early life*~ Brooke is the eldest of the three children born to former All Black Bernie Fraser and his wife Lynda. Brooke grew up in Naenae, Lower Hutt and attended Dyer Street School then Naenae Intermediate and Naenae College. Brooke started taking piano lessons at age 7 - she continued to take these until she was 17. She started writing songs at age... she continued to take these until she was 17. She started writing songs at age 12 and taught herself the acoustic guitar at 16. Receiving some label interest when she was in Year 11 (age 15) Brooke decided it wasn't the right thing for her at the time; she decided she wanted to get an A bursary first - which she did. Despite turning these labels down she performed at the ''Parachute Festival'', a Christian music festival held annually, she has continued to do so each year since 2000. Brooke was a presenter on a cable TV show and began writing for the Christian magazine ''Soul Purpose'' at age 15 and was later made editor in 2002. She gave up her job as editor shortly after moving to Auckland (late 2002) in order to pursue her music career, in which she secured a record deal.

Click here to visit Brooke’s myspace: www.myspace.com/brookefraser

Click here to listen to the song:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7SMUf6QcyQ


"Alabaster Jar"

This song was written by Zach Neese, he wrote the song based on Luke 7. He wrote the following about the song.
When I write a song, I begin in a moment with God, a gem of truth, and a cry that the Church needs to learn to vocalize. Alabaster Jar is a moment in the life of a person who remains at the feet of Jesus.

Click here to listen to the song: www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkP52EZ2HFY


Click here to listen to the song online: www.imeem.com/mach-v/music/B1SFaIqL/zach-neese-walker-beach-alabaster-jar/


"Before the Throne of God Above"

This song was written by Charitie Lees Smith Bancroft in 1863, but was recently published by Vikki Cook who wrote an alternate melody for it.

You can hear the old version by clicking here. http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/b/e/beforetg.htm
You’ll recognize the tune as “Sweet hour of Prayer”

Click here to read through the words:
www.inchristalone.org/BeforeTheThrone.html
What a great line in the second verse:
“For God the just is satisfied to look on Him and pardon me”.

Click here to worship along:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_GB_N_79-Q&mode=related&search=

* Click here to hear the Carolina Crown drum and bugle corps' rendition:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuDSHr7QoIg&mode=related&search=


"Orphans of God"

Who here among us has not been brokenWho here among us is without guilt or pain So oft’ abandoned by our transgressionsIf such a thing as grace exists Then grace was made for lives like this There are no strangers There are no outcasts There are no orphans of God So many fallen, but hallelujahThere are no orphans of God Come ye unwanted and find affection Come all ye weary, come and lay down your head Come ye unworthy, you are my brother If such a thing as grace exists Then grace was made for lives like this O blessed Father, look down upon us We are Your children, we need Your love We run before Your throne of mercyAnd seek Your face to rise above

Click here to listen to Avalon sing the song: www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BkN-4NYQj0




No comments: