Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Behind the Praise - Sunday September 13, 2009

"Sing, Sing, Sing"

This song was written by Chris Tomlin, Jesse Reeves, Daniel Carson, Travis Nunn and Matt Gilder. Chris shared the following on how the song was written. "This song was written together as a band. Really it’s the only song that we’ve written together like that. Usually I have most of the song written before I bring it to the band, so this one is unique because it came out of us being in the room together. I remember the guys getting the feel of it and it beginning to come together musically. So I just found a corner of the room listening to what they were doing with my headphones and started singing out that first lyric idea of the chorus, “sing, sing, sing.” This song became a big part of our Passion regional events and World Tour. It is crazy to see how immediate this song is with the audience. It’s the most fun I’ve had with a song in a while. I love the energy and the connection this song brings with the audience."

Click here to worship along with Chris Tomlin:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGPN2Z-bgS0

Click here to purchase the song:
Chris Tomlin - Hello Love


"Glorified"

The Crossroads youth choir will share this powerful song by Jared Anderson. Author of the songs “Rescue”, “Amazed”, and “Hear us from Heaven”, Jared Anderson is a prolific writer committed to the local church. He aims to put Jesus in the spotlight with his songs and leadership for New Life Church. Jared grew up at New Life Church where he joined the choir at 13 years old and played keyboards in the youth band all through high school.Now, as before, he is a member of both New Life Worship and Desperation Band as well as his heading up his own recordings. When he’s not leading, writing, or recording, Jared is at home with wife Megan and children Everett (3), Beckett (2), and Francie (1).

Click here to visit Jareds' myspace:
www.myspace.com/jaredandersonmusic

Click here to worship along with Jared Anderson:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=H667w4HdcVQ

Click here to purchase the song:
New Life Worship - Counting On God (feat. Ross Parsley & Desperation Band) - Glorified


OBSERVANCE OF THE LORD'S SUPPER

"Carried to the Table"

This song is by the group Leeland. Sound of Melodies is the debut record from Leeland, a brand-new Essential Records progressive rock band that's instantly capturing the imagination and hearts of all who hear it. In a short time, Leeland has managed to create a buzz like none other-from MySpace to PureVolume and across the music industry. "Leeland is the best thing I have heard in a long, long time," says Grammy Award-winning artist Michael W. Smith. "I can't stop singing the songs in my head. Great melodies. Great band. Great voice." Produced by Matt Bronleewe, Marc Byrd and Steve Hindalong, the 11-track project is no doubt poised to be one of the year's biggest and best debuts. Fronting the enthusiastic five-piece Texas outfit is the gifted 18-year-old songwriter and charismatic performer Leeland Mooring. The youngest group member, this unassuming, fresh-faced vocalist and guitar player writes with wisdom beyond his years. He's transparent in his love and gratitude to God and unflinching in his passion for reaching his generation for Christ. "So many kids are lost when it comes to having a true relationship with God, even ones who go to church," Leeland says. "Whenever we play, our main goal is to be able to minister to our generation."

Click here to listen to the song:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn9aX38mjaE&feature=related

Click here to visit the Leeland myspace:
www.myspace.com/leelandmusic

Click here to purchase the song:
Leeland - Sound of Melodies - Carried to the Table

“Above All"

Paul's Story

On a Tuesday morning a few years ago at my church, alone at the piano, I began worshiping The Lord. As I sang, I started thinking of how Jesus is so much greater than all the temporal things that our culture esteems as great - power, fame, riches, wisdom, etc. The words just came out…."Lord, you are above all kingdoms, above all thrones, above all wonders the world has ever known..." Over the next year, I tried to write a chorus that fit the verses, but I never felt like it was "the one."Then one day, Lenny LeBlanc and I got together to write. I played him about twenty ideas for songs and the only one that caught his ear was the verse for " Above all" that had no chorus. He woke up the next morning and said, "How about.... 'Crucified, laid behind a stone...like a rose trampled on the ground....'" " Whoa!" I thought, "What a contrast, what a picture - that's Jesus. The One who is and always will be above all, was willing to be crucified and rejected, just to demonstrate His love for an unappreciative world."By the time we got to "You took the fall and thought of me....above all," Lenny and I were in tears. The revelation hit us and broke our hearts. It made us realize how worthy He really is. That He truly deserves our worship.This song means a lot to me because it came from an honest place. I wasn't " trying" to write a song originally. I sincerely just wanted to worship Him and praise Him for His greatness. Getting to finish the song with Lenny was such a bonus since he has been such a mentor and friend to me for years.I have had many people tell me through tears that they feel such love for the Lord as they sing "Above All." The revelation that The God of the universe was willing to humble himself to the point of crucifixion and death, just to reveal His love for us inspires a broken and contrite heart - like a fragrance of worship coming from a broken jar of perfume.I remember one time in particular that I heard people singing "Above All" in worship. I was sitting on the floor with my children, watching the inaugural prayer service for President Bush on Fox News Live. Michael W. Smith walked up to the piano and began to sing "Above all powers, above all kings....." Tears began to pour out from my eyes. My 8 year-old daughter asked, "Are you all right Daddy? What's wrong?" I replied, "Honey, these are happy tears." I'm humbled and blown away that a simple prayer of worship, started at my little piano, found its way to The President of the United States. The possibility that this song could be an encouragement to Him is such an honor. " I pray that he would draw strength and wisdom from The One who is above him......and above all. It blesses me to know that Jesus will be worshiped with this song for years to come.

Lenny's Story

When Paul Baloche and I finished writing "Above All," I somehow knew in my heart that it would touch millions of people. It all started when Paul and I got together to write some songs for my soon to be recorded project for Integrity Music. Paul flew in and arrived late in the afternoon. We spent the rest of the day talking and kicking around song ideas that we had started. As the evening progressed, Paul played me the verse to "Above All" except for a few lines that we later changed. Something about the verse really touched me and I told him I thought it was a great idea. He shared with me that he had written several different choruses for the song and had even sung them in various forms during worship times at his home church. He also said he wasn't happy with any of the versions he had written. We chatted for while then headed off to our rooms.Early the next morning before Paul woke up, I started playing around with a chorus idea. Later on that morning, we started and finished the song " Closer." After a short break, I played my idea for an "Above All" chorus. Paul really liked it and we began fine tuning the song. Every time we got to the line, "Like a rose trampled on the ground," we would both begin to weep. Here we were - two grown men in a puddle of tears trying our best to finish writing a song.I think the reason "Above All" has impacted us so powerfully - and many others including Michael W. Smith, is because it's such a beautiful picture of how a God that is above everything, would become like a rose trampled on the ground, take the fall and think of us….above all."

Click here to listen to Paul share about how the song came about:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3JklFhKmvE

Click here to worship along with Paul:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbrMSEwDo8o&feature=related

Click here to purchase the song "Above All"
Michael W. Smith - Worship - Above All


“In Christ Alone”

This song was written by Keith Getty & Stuart Townend
Townend and Getty both admit they are motivated by the idea of capturing biblical truth in songs and hymns that will not only cause people to express their worship in church, but will build them up in their Christian lives. “I’ve been amazed by the response to this song,” says Townend. “We’ve had some incredible e-mails about how people have been helped by the song through incredibly difficult circumstances.” One e-mail described how a U.S soldier serving in Iraq would pray through each verse of the song every day, and how the promises of God’s protection and grace helped to sustain him through the enormous pressures and dangers of life in a war zone.

Click here to read more about how the song was composed
www.crosswalk.com/1275127/

Click here to worship along with the Newsboys
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8welVgKX8Qo

Click here to worship along with Natalie Grant
www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA9WbEn-Nj8&feature=related

Click here to purchase the song:
Stuart Townend - Mission:Worship - In Christ Alone

"Heal the Would, Leave the Scars"

Click here to listen to the song:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy7I5gMEKEQ&feature=related

Click here to purchase the song:
Point Of Grace - How You Live (Deluxe Edition) - Heal the Wound

No comments: