Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Behind the Praise - Sunday May 2, 2010

"Trading My Sorrows"

Here is a short description of how this popular song came about:

This song was birthed out of a prayer and worship service at Open Bible Fellowship in Tulsa, Okla. It was an ordinary night. The room was filled with voices lifting up the name of Lord and worshiping Him. Toward the end of the service people began to step forward for prayer. Darrell watched as one by one, people came - their hearts heavy, some weeping and some still dealing with deep sorrows. Kneeling before the Lord, they allowed their deepest pains to be exposed and their lives to be healed.As he watched, the Lord began to speak to his heart about his own internal condition. Evans had been holding onto personal shame that was consuming him. His gaze once again moved to the people bowing before the Lord. The worship continued and Darrell in agreement with the Lord said two words, "Yes, Lord." He kept singing. The words of what would become 'Trading My Sorrows' simply came to him as he recounted all that he was experiencing. People were coming forward heavy hearted but leaving with their burdens lifted. It was one of those rare times when the Spirit decides to speak succinctly, and the result is part of the Church's musical history.At that very moment "Trading My Sorrows" was written, nearly word for word. It is an expression of the miraculous love and grace of the Lord being poured out onto a people full of sorrow and pain: "I'm trading my sorrows/I'm trading my shame/I'm laying them down for the joy of the Lord." The words flowed not only from what he could see God doing in the lives of the people, but also from what he knew God was doing in his own life.Evans felt the mood of the room change from the tenderness of the moment to a joyful celebration, for the Lord had made this exchange possible - a literal trade of mourning for dancing. People laid down their emptiness, guilt, pain, and sorrows and in exchange, received joy and love from the Lord.

Click here to worship along with Darrell Evans:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXi5iq1zAl4

Click here to listen to Darrell Evans songs on his standalone player:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=36203670

"In the House of the Lord"

This song was composed by Laird Sillimon, check out his ministry here:
www.sillimonsound.com/

Check out Laird's myspace here:
www.myspace.com/lscovenant

Click here for an arrangement of this powerful worship song:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=anFH8nPscfk

“You never let Go"

This powerful new song by Matt Redman has been described as follows from Christianity Today:"You Never Let Go" begins with a quiet piano and moody atmospherics that mirror far-from-ebullient lyrics based on Psalm 23: Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death/You're perfect love is casting out fear/And even when I'm caught in the middle of the storms of this life/I won't turn back, I know you are near…The chorus is a loud, exultant proclamation that God will never let go of us and in it Redman uses the minor-key construction to subtly (and maturely) declare that God's love is still valid, even in the midst of pain.

Click here to listen watch the video
www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIAdgLR1ZGw

Click here to read more about Matt Redman on his myspace - you can play the song directly from his stand-alone player and can buy the song from his website
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=120781688

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I’m caughtin the middle of the storms of this life
I won’t turn back I know You are near
And I will fear no evil For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?

Oh no, You never let goThrough the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go Lord, You never let go of me

"Our God"

Click here to listen to the song by Chris Tomlin:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_t_87NyHx0

Click here to purchase "Our God"
Chris Tomlin - Passion: Awakening (Deluxe Edition) - Our God

"It is Well"

Click here to watch the Gaither video version with David Phelps
www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPFVijGcLtI

Click here for more background information:
www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Is_Well_With_My_Soul

To listen to the song click here:
www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/i/t/i/itiswell.htm

"Here in your Presence"

Jon Egan wrote this song after meditating on the presence of God. He said that as he leads worship for the youth, he sees what a few moments spent in the presence of the Lord can do for people.

Click here to listen to Jon Egan share how he wrote the song, scroll down to the song:
www.theheartofworship.org/stories.shtml

Found in Your hands, fullness of joy
Every fear suddenly wiped away here in Your presence
All of my gains now fade away Every crown no longer on display,
here in Your presenceHeaven is trembling in awe of Your wonders
The kings and their kingdom are standing amazed
Here in Your presence, we are undone
Here in Your presence, Heaven and Earth become one
Here in Your presence, all things are new
Here in Your presence, everything bows before You

Wonderful, beautiful, glorious, matchlessin every way
Wonderful, beautiful, glorious, matchless in every way

Click here to worship along with the New Life worship team:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFZyT2fEK3I

"The More I seek You"

This worship song was written by Zach Neese, here’s a little background information on Zach.

Education: I got my B.A. in English from UT Austin (after trying art, advertising, pre-med and astronomy), then became Secondary Ed certified.Previous Lines of Work: I mostly worked as a teacher of one stripe or other before entering fulltime ministry. I also worked with emotionally disabled kids and was an Autism Therapist. I served as a Youth and Worship Pastor for five years before becoming the Director of the Christ for the Nations Institute (CFNI) School of Worship. Since then, I have primarily been leading worship and training worship leaders.One of the Things I Find Most Fascinating: The cross never ceases to amaze me.Best Thing Someone Said to You: “You make me love Jesus more.”Life Motto: He who knows, knows that he knows not.People I’d Like to Meet: After you meet Jesus, everyone else is pretty unimpressive. I guess I wouldn’t mind picking David’s brain, Moses’, or Jesus’ parents (Mary and Joseph). I have two sons in heaven that I am looking forward to meeting very much.Most People Don’t Know This About Me: My grandmother was a synchronized swimming coach. I was too young to know that it wasn’t a cool guy pursuit, so now I’m the only man I know who can do a Flamingo Bent Knee.

Zach Neese likes to place himself in the middle of a biblical story and see if a song comes forth. This song came out of Johns’ emotion at the Last Supper.

Click here to visit Zachs’ myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/zachneese

Click here to read more about Zach Neese who wrote this powerful worship song
www.gatewaypeople.com/churchinfo/index.php?action=staffbiodetails&sid=180

Click here to worship along with Kari Jobe
www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3GijrnfStk


No comments: