Thursday, May 13, 2010

BEHIND THE PRAISE - SUNDAY MAY 16, 2010


First Hurst Handbells
"To God be the Glory"
Fanny Crosby.Fanny Crosby was prob­ab­ly the most pro­lif­ic hymn­ist in his­to­ry. Though blind­ed by an in­com­pe­tent doc­tor at six weeks of age, she wrote over 8,000 hymns. About her blind­ness, she said:"It seemed intend­ed by the bless­ed prov­i­dence of God that I should be blind all my life, and I thank him for the dis­pen­sa­tion. If per­fect earth­ly sight were of­fered me to­mor­row I would not ac­cept it. I might not have sung hymns to the praise of God if I had been dis­tract­ed by the beau­ti­ful and in­ter­est­ing things about me."
Click here for a newer arrangement by Tommy Walker:
Click here a more traditional arrangement of the song:
"New Doxology"
This is a new arrangement of the traditional Doxology. The added verse was written by Thomas Miller worship pastor at Gateway church in Southlake, Texas.
Click here to listen to Thomas share about how he wrote the additional verses from the third person:
A doxology (from the Greek doxa, glory + logos, word or speaking) is a short hymn of praise to God in various Christian worship services, often added to the end of canticles, psalms, and hymnsThis doxology has widespread use in English circles, in some Protestant traditions commonly referred to simply as "The Doxology" and in others as “The Common Doxology”, is:Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow;Praise Him, all creatures here below;Praise Him above, ye Heavenly Host;Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Amen. This text, which was originally the seventh and final stanza of "Glory to thee, my God, this night", a hymn for evening worship written by Thomas Ken in about 1674, is usually sung to the tune Old 100th, but also to Duke Street by John Hatton, Lasst uns erfreuen, and The Eighth Tune by Thomas Tallis, among others.
Click here for a recording of the Gateway version:
Click here to listen online:
Click here to hear and see the Doxology
Click here to hear one of the most accomplished guitarist present a unique version www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBE6dfT87yo&mode=related&search=
“For You I Live”
Worship Choir & Orchestra You can listen to the song by scrolling down to Kens’ standalone music player on his myspace page - http://www.myspace.com/kenreynolds
Verse 1
You have called my name
Called me as Your own
You shower me with Your love
I will give to You
Give You all of me
Let Your will be done in my life
Chorus 1
I will bless You Lord
I will bless You Lord
For You are my life
And I'll praise Your name always

"Our God"

Click here to listen to the song by Chris Tomlin:

"Your Name"

This song is by Paul Baloche. Paul is a native of Camden, New Jersey, and is currently the worship pastor at Community Christian Fellowship in Lindale, Texas. You can learn more about Paul on his myspace, and can listen to the song on his myspace standalone player: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=70931079
You can read more about Pauls’ ministry on his ministry website.
Click here to worship along with Paul:

"O How I love Jesus"
Frederick Whitfield was an Anglican clergyman who lived from 1829-1904. The hymn he wrote, "Oh, How I Love Jesus", became a favorite in the evangelistic crusades of Moody and Sankey. It originally had 8 stanzas but only 4 are found in most hymn books. It was first written in tract form in 1855. The entire hymn revolves around the name of Jesus. What a powerful name! The name of Jesus promises us great things from the Father. It promises to be with us in every circumstance. How we should love Jesus for all the great things He has done and is doing for us.
There is a name I love to hear,
I love to sing its worth;
It sounds like music in mine ear,
the sweetest name on earth.
It tells me of a Savior's love,
who died to set me free;
It tells me of His precious blood,
the sinner's perfect plea.
It tells me what my Father hath
in store for eve'ry day,
And tho' I tread a darksome path,
yields sunshine all the way.
It tells of One whose loving heart
can feel my deepest woe,
Who in each sorrow bears a part,
that none can bear below.
Oh, how I love Jesus,
Oh how I love Jesus,
Oh, how I love Jesus,
Because He first loved me!
Click here to worship along on the song:
Click here to hear Elvis sing the song:
Click here to worship along with Melinda Watts:

"Shout to the North"

Men of faith rise up and sing
Of the great and glorious king
You are strong when you feel weak
In your brokenness complete

Shout to the north and the south
Sing to the east and the west
Jesus is saviour to all Lord of heaven and earth

Click here to sing through the song:

FIRST HURST HANDBELLS
"Peace like a River in my Soul"

Click here for a solo arrangement of the song:

No comments: