Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Behind the Praise - Sunday May 30, 2010

"Wonderful, Wonderful, Jesus"

Click here to learn more about the hymn:
http://homeschoolblogger.com/hymnstudies/756921/

Click here to listen to the song:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc4R4MM-Mhw

"The Lord Reigns"

Here is Klaus' testimony in his own words:

There are moments in each person’s life that shape us and cause us to change our course. One such moment in my life happened in the spring of 2003 at an “Encounter” event in Mexico. I attended the conference to help with worship and ended up with an encounter that would change my life. The word I received that weekend from Lindell was that I had not been forgotten, the Lord had need of me in this hour, and that a fountain for the nations was about to open up. Soon after, I received an invitation to be the Worship Leader at Christ For The Nations Institute in Dallas, Texas. From the fall of 2003 through the spring of 2005 I had the privilege of entering into the presence each morning with about 1000 students who were hungry to see God move in their life. That season also opened up the opportunity to produce two CFNI Worship projects,"Glorious" and "Overtaken". I was born in Germany, but by the time I was ten, my family ended up in Canada after several years in Chicago and Michigan. At the age of five I began taking piano lessons and continued training in classical and jazz until I was about 18. I remember hearing Keith Green for the first time and being captivated by the sound of his heart. A lot of other influences weighed in to shape my musical mindset. In 1984 I left Canada and moved to Dallas, Texas to attend Christ For The Nations, Institute. Soon after graduating, I married Julie, who is an amazing woman and my best friend. We have three children, Candace, 11, Aaron Judah, 2, and Olivia Grace, born June 20th of last year.After a number of years in music ministry in Plano, Texas, we felt a season of change coming into our lives. In 1995 I left the church where I was leading Worship and began getting involved with real estate and remodeling homes. Through the years I have continued traveling and Leading Worship while building custom homes in McKinney, Texas. In the spring of 2005 I left Christ For The Nations and started Pure Worship Ministries. We are producing Worship that I believe, touches the heart of God and ministers to His people. The best is yet to come.

Click here to learn more about Klaus Kuehn:
http://www.klausmusic.com/

Click here to listen online:
www.imeem.com/atst/music/c1gewWR1/klaus_kuehn_the_lord_reigns/

Click here to worship along with Klaus:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaWrJtY4fYY&feature=related

"Revive Us, Again"

Cliff Barrows of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association reports—
“Revive Us Again” is a gospel song that we have used in almost every evangelistic crusade since 1946.
When we sing it, we often revert to the ancient practice of antiphony which was common in the performance of the Hebrew psalms.
In the refrain, the audience on one side of the auditorium or stadium will sing “Hallelujah!” and those on the other side will echo “Thine the glory, and so on until the final phrase “revive us again,” which we sing in unison.
Sometimes we have sung the hymn responsively over long distances.
In our final meeting in Sydney, Australia, in 1959, the first phrase was sung by 80,000 people in the Royal Agriculture Society’s Showground. They were answered by 70,000 people in the Cricket Ground, almost two blocks away. In 1955, by use of a telephone in relay, the folk in Bangor, North Wales responded to the audience in Glasgow, Scotland.

Click here for an arrangement:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE1X4QL5hs0

"The Stand"

Click here to listen to the song:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN1JyZ5yvE0

"The Cross"

Check out this modern day documentary on how people respond to the cross:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kQR5yPwUjQ

“At the Cross”

Words: Isaac Watts (1674-1748)Music: Ralph E. Hudson (1843-1901)
Isaac Watts wrote six stanzas of this hymn in 1707 under the title, "Godly Sorrow Arrising From the Sufferings of Christ." Through the years, editors have made a number of alterations. Some of us can remember when the final line of the first stanza was, "...for such a worm as I."
The words of the refrain were added by composer Ralph Hudson when he wrote the tune for the text. It was first published in 1885. There is some evidence that Hudson adapted what was probably a very popular song and used it with only a couple of note changes for the refrain of this hymn.
Hymwriter Fanny Crosby said her "soul flooded with a celestial light" at the time of her conversion, when this hymn was sung.
Alas! and did my Savior bleed, and did my Sovereign die? Would he devote that sacred head for sinners such as I?
Refrain:At the cross, at the cross, where I first saw the light, and the burden of my heart rolled away; it was there by faith I received my sight, and now I am happy all the day!

Go here to download a piano arrangement of the song:
http://joelcast.blogspot.com/2005/08/at-cross.html

Go here to download a quartet arrangement of the song: (Scroll down to “At the Cross”)
http://misslink.org/chapel/worship.html

"In the Secret"
This song was written by Andy Park. There is an interesting page on Andy's website where he interviewed his eight children. Andy was a part of the Vineyard worship movement, the answers from his children give great insight into this man of worship
www.andypark.ca/family_july03.shtml

Click here to worship along with Andy Park:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyV2WyRe-T8

Click here to listen to Andy share about how the song was written:
www.theheartofworship.org/stories.shtml

Click here for the arrangement by Sonic Flood:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4lpZuTUcOc

"I heard the Voice of Jesus say" - Quartet

Click here to learn more about this hymn:
www.semicolonblog.com/?p=5674

Click here for another arrangment:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqF4N7rdV-w

I heard the voice of Jesus say, “Come unto Me and rest;Lay down, thou weary one, lay down Thy head upon My breast.”I came to Jesus as I was, weary and worn and sad;I found in Him a resting place, and He has made me glad.

I heard the voice of Jesus say, “Behold, I freely giveThe living water; thirsty one, stoop down, and drink, and live.”I came to Jesus, and I drank of that life giving stream;My thirst was quenched, my soul revived, and now I live in Him.

I heard the voice of Jesus say, “I am this dark world’s Light;Look unto Me, thy morn shall rise, and all thy day be bright.”I looked to Jesus, and I found in Him my Star, my Sun;And in that light of life I’ll walk, till traveling days are done.

I heard the voice of Jesus say, “My Father’s house aboveHas many mansions; I’ve a place prepared for you in love.”I trust in Jesus—in that house, according to His word,Redeemed by grace, my soul shall live forever with the Lord.


No comments: