Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Behind the Praise - Sunday June 27, 2010



"Mighty To Save"

This is another song from the Hillsong music ministry in Sydney Australia. This song is by Reuben Morgan & Ben Fielding. This song has a great re-occuring text. "OUR GOD IS MIGHT TO SAVE". This is taken from the passage in Zephaniah 3:17. “The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."

Click here to read more about Reuben Morgan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reuben_Morgan

Click here to worship along with the song:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR8rlTIU8_Y

"We Love You Lord"

“Did You Feel the Mountains Tremble”

Martin Smith is the lead vocalist, rhythm guitarist, and main songwriter of the English Christian rock and worship band Delirious? He is generally considered to be one of the foremost songwriters in modern Christian worship music. Some of the most recognized songs by Delirious? include "I Could Sing Of Your Love Forever”, "History Maker", "My Glorious", "Did You Feel the Mountains Tremble", "Shout To The North", "Deeper", "Majesty (Here I Am)", and "What A Friend I've Found".

In 1995, Martin was involved in a near-fatal car accident, and during the weeks of his recovery, he decided to become a full-time musician. He wrote the 'King Of Fools' song 'August 30th' based on this experience.

Click here for the story behind the song
www.theheartofworship.org/stories/Story-197-DidYouFeeltheMountainsTremble-Smith.mp3

Click here to listen to the song
www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4Q5vVa0q8Q

Click here to sing along:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICRukDH7eKo

Click here to watch Martin Smith:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO_bKR2Wzhk&feature=related

“You never let Go"

This powerful new song by Matt Redman has been described as follows from Christianity Today:
"You Never Let Go" begins with a quiet piano and moody atmospherics that mirror far-from-ebullient lyrics based on Psalm 23: Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death/You're perfect love is casting out fear/And even when I'm caught in the middle of the storms of this life/I won't turn back, I know you are near…The chorus is a loud, exultant proclamation that God will never let go of us and in it Redman uses the minor-key construction to subtly (and maturely) declare that God's love is still valid, even in the midst of pain.

Click here to listen watch the video
www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIAdgLR1ZGw

Click here to read more about Matt Redman on his myspace - you can play the song directly from his stand-alone player and can buy the song from his website
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=120781688

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fearAnd even when I’m caught
in the middle of the storms of this lifeI won’t turn back I know You are near
And I will fear no evil For my God is with me And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear? Whom then shall I fear?Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the stormOh no, You never let go In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go Lord, You never let go of me


"Your Unfailing Love"

When the darkness fills my senses
when my blindness keeps me from your touch,
Jesus come

When my burden keeps me doubting

when my memories take the place of you
Jesus come

And I'll follow you thereto the place where we meet
and I'll lay down my pride as you search me again

Your unfailing love, your unfailing love,your unfailing love over me again

Click here to read Morgans' bio:
www.reubenmorgan.com/downloads/reuben_morgan_bio.pdf

Click here to learn more about Reuben Morgan:
www.myspace.com/reubenmorgan

Click here to worship through the song:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHUhIdQfo34

Click here to listen online:
www.imeem.com/donkor/music/xQ42saKz/hillsong-your-unfailing-love/

“All Hail the Power of Jesus Name”

Some years ago, missionary E. P. Scott went to India. He set out to visit a remote mountain tribe which had never heard the name of Christ. As he neared their land, he was suddenly surrounded by a savage band of warriors, all pointing their spears straight at his heart. Expecting a quick death, the missionary pulled out his violin and began playing and singing in their native language the hymn "All hail the power of Jesus' name." He reached the stanza that reads:

Let every tribe and every tongue
On this terrestrial ball
To him all majesty ascribe
And crown him Lord of all...


The natives lowered their weapons and some were in tears. E. P. Scott spent the rest of his life ministering to these primitive people.
The hymn which so effectively moved this Indian tribe is often referred to as the "National Anthem of Christendom" and has been translated into almost every language where there are Christians. The author of the hymn, Edward Perronet was the descendent of a French Huguenot family which fled first to Switzerland and then to England to escape religious persecution. Perronet was a pastor who worked closely with John and Charles Wesley for many years in England's eighteenth- century revival.
At that time, Methodists were savagely persecuted. According to John Wesley's diary, Edward did not escape his share of abuse either. "Edward Perronet was thrown down and rolled in mud and mire" at Bolton, he wrote.
Edward was uneasy about preaching in front of John Wesley. Wesley urged him to do so several times. Finally, Wesley forced the issue. He announced that Brother Perronet would speak the following week. A week later, witty Edward mounted the pulpit and declared he would deliver the greatest sermon ever preached. He then read Christ's "Sermon on the Mount" and sat down!
Click here to hear an organ arrangement of the song:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=d54CqTpLW9E


No comments: