Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Behind the Praise - Sunday July 11, 2010



"Your Name is still Higher" The worship choir & orchestra will share this powerful song about the name of the Lord.

"Our God"
Click here to listen to the song by Chris Tomlin:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_t_87NyHx0

"God So Loved" Crossroads Youth choir Click here to listen to the song: www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS7tMu3XpWE

“I have a River”

I have a river, a river of life,
Flowing in side of me, and it never runs dry.
I have a treasure, a glorious prize,
The Spirit of God in me, in abundant supply.

Verse 1
Jesus, You are my living water,
And I’ll never need what this world offers.
So I will rejoice,
For You have made me glad.
I want this world to want what I have.

Verse 2
Spirit of God, my source of power.
You’ve given more, than I could ask for.
So I will rejoice,
For You have made me glad.
I want this world to want what I have.


Click here to listen to the song:
www.emusic.com/album/I-Have-a-River-MP3-Download/10941126.html

Billy Foote has been a worship leader for 16 years. He travels with his band and his wife, Cindy, is the vocal lead. Together they lead worship at college, youth, mission and church-wide events. Billy is also a prolific worship song writer. He’s written many widely known songs such as “You Are My King (Amazing Love),” “Sing to the King,” “You Are God Alone (NOT A god),” “I Have a River” and “Break Our Hearts.” Billy and Cindy desire to teach that worship is more than a song or something to do at an event. It’s a lifestyle.

Billy and Cindy adopted their daughter Libby and you can follow their family story at www.followthefeet.blogspot.com. Currently Billy and Cindy are also adopting from Ethiopia. You can follow this adoption journey at: www.adoptingaria.blogspot.com. They make their home in San Antonio, Texas.
You may also visit www.myspace.com/billyfooteband

Click here to learn more about Billy’s ministry:
www.billyfoote.com/

“Here I Am to Worship”

If songs are like children to their writers, then 25 year-old Englishman Tim Hughes carried "Here I Am To Worship" to full term, letting the reverent tune take perfect shape over a nine-month period. Back in 1999 while still in college, he first sat down to craft a musical response to his reading of Philippians 2:5, which says, "Make your own attitude that of Christ Jesus." And from the start, he had the humility part mastered.
"I was playing around with my guitar when the verse just came out," he modestly recalls. "However, I couldn't get a chorus that I was happy with. The original one was embarrassingly bad!"
Thankfully, Tim recorded the verse into his Dictaphone, and months later during a quiet creative time, he patched it together with another strong melody idea and brought "Here I Am To Worship" to fruition.
"I'd been reading about the cross and thinking through Jesus' amazing sacrifice," Tim says of the lyrical theme. "Sometimes when God meets with us we don't quite know how to respond properly. It's often too much for us to take in. Hopefully in a small way the chorus captures that: 'Here I am to worship. Here I am to bow down. Here I am to say that you're my God. You're altogether lovely, worthy, wonderful.'"
Although the song had been completed, the writer was still not convinced of its potential. Leading worship at his Soul Survivor home church one day, Tim sang "Here I Am To Worship" for his fellow members and was duly advised by his pastor Mike Pilavachi to start using it more often. Since then, Hughes - who built his own chops leading Delirious and Matt Redman favorites - has seen the song take on a life of its own.
It must be a God thing.... People have seemed to really connect with it, and we've had some special times in worship using the song," he admits. "I remember one time at the end of a Worship Together conference in San Diego when we'd been performing the song. The band stopped, and then the congregation just kept singing the chorus for about 15 minutes."

Click here to listen to the story behind the song by Tim Hughes.
www.theheartofworship.org/stories/Story-196-HereIAmtoWorship-Hughes.mp3

Click here to worship along with the Hillsongs ministry:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=klxcJaOooPI

Click here to read more about the composer Tim Hughes
www.crosswalk.com/spirituallife/worship/1227531/

"Still"

… the challenge of the Church is to keep worship accessible to all people - Rueben Morgan

Rueben wrote the song "Still" as a reminder to "be still and know that I am God". Reuben has a passion to see the church and the world inspired to worship God. A worship pastor on the Hillsong church leadership team, Reuben works alongside
Darlene Zschech to create an atmosphere of praise and worship that draws
people into God’s presence and helps soften hearts to Jesus’ salvation message.
Reuben is an integral leader of the Hillsong church worship team, teaching often
at the Worship and Creative Arts program. Leading worship on a weekly basis at
Hillsong church, Reuben was the youth Music Pastor who helped to establish
‘Hillsong United’- currently one of the most sought after youth praise and worship
bands having appeared at Creation, Edmonton and Soul Survivor in 2003. He
was one of the major producers on four of the United albums including Everyday,
Best Friend, King Of Majesty and To The Ends Of The Earth. With a congregation
of over 15,000 people, Hillsong Church in Sydney, Australia is potentially the
nations largest local church with a TV program that reaches over 125 different
countries across the globe. Hillsong has been instrumental in

Click here to worship along with the Hillsong version
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk8horRi3_E

Click here for another arrangement:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPtZRnQyzSM

“Spirit of the Living God”

Daniel Iverson (Born: Brunswick, Georgia, USA September 26 1890; Died: Asheville, N.Carolina, USA January 3 1977
Daniel Iverson was educated at the University of Georgia, the Moody Bible Institute Chicago, Columbia Theological Seminary Decatur Ga., and the University of South Carolina. He was ordained a Presbyterian minister in 1914, and served churches in Georgia and in South and North Carolina. He organized the Shenandoah Presbyterian Church in Miami, Florida, in 1927; and ministered there until retiring in 1951.

In the spring of 1926 Daniel Iverson, a Presbyterian pastor from Lumberton, North Carolina, visited a friend who was conducting a revival in Orlando, Florida. One evening Iverson was extremely moved by the sermon he had heard on the Holy Spirit, and he wrote a hymn that Christians have been singing ever since. Iverson died in Montreat in 1977, but we are still singing his hymn. Spirit of the living God,

Spirit of the Living God fall fresh on me;
Spirit of the living God,
fall fresh on me.
Melt me, mold me, fill me, use me.
Spirit of the living God,
fall fresh on me.

Click here for a solo arrangement:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=BagH-zTfnsQ&feature=related

Click here for a gospel arrangement:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=SST1vxJ886k&feature=related

No comments: