Thursday, January 10, 2008

Stories behind the songs - Sunday January 13, 2008

"Blessed Be Your Name"
This powerful worship song by Matt Redman has a phrase that is based on Job 13:15. The Message translates it like this

"So hold your tongue while I have my say, then I'll take whatever I have coming to me.Why do I go out on a limb like this and take my life in my hands?Because even if he killed me, I'd keep on hoping. I'd defend my innocence to the very end. Just wait, this is going to work out for the best—my salvation!"

We'll begin our worship with this powerful song by Matt Redman.
Click here to hear the story behind the song by Matt Redman.
www.theheartofworship.org/stories/Story-257-BlessedBeYourName-Redman.mp3
Click here to hear the song
www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6xo5KogzaI
Click here to worship along with Tree63
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mZH9T9XNVU&mode=related&search=

"Mighty To Save"
This is another song from the Hillsong music ministry in Sydney Australia. This song is by Rueben Morgan & Ben Fielding. This song has a great reoccuring text. "OUR GOD IS MIGHT TO SAVE". This is taken from the passage in Zephaniah 3:17

17 The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."
Click here to read more about Rueben Morgan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reuben_Morgan
Click here to worship along with the song:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXCAhKDZRlo

"Something Happens"
The worship choir with Jennifer Reynolds will share this powerful song. Meditate on the lyrics

Jesus Something special Supernatural about your name Jesus Something happens when I mention your name Demons have to flee when I say Jesus (Jesus) Sickness has to heal when I say Jesus (Jesus) Every knee shall bow beforeand every tongue proclaim With worthy praise that matchless name of Jesus

When I call upon Your name the very atmosphere will have to change We'll be transformed We'll never be the same By the power of Your Holy name

Worship along Kurt Carr
www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCfInYK_9Vg
Worship along with the Marcus Pointe worship choir
www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0NhSITwd4o

"All My Life"
by the Parachute Band
John 8:36 says: 'So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed'. All My Life was written in response to the freedom found in Jesus. It's a simple song, but it's a simple message. Jesus is my freedom and my reason and I love Him with all my life.

"Break Through"
This is another great song by Tommy Walker, you'll want to listen to this one you can find the song here
www.firsthurst.com/HURST_worship_resources.php
Break through, break through all my doubts
Break through, break through all my fears
Break through that I may worship You
Break through, break through all my pain
Break through, all my guilt and my shame
Break through like only You can do
You are brighter than my darkest night
Stronger than my toughest fight
Just one touch from You my King, my friend
And I’ll never be the same again
Break through, break through

"Holy Holy Holy"
Click here to listen to the story behind the song:
http://hymns.lifespringonline.com/?p=13
Click here to listen to the song:
www.joyfulministry.com/holyholyt.htm
Click here to read more about the song:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy,_Holy,_Holy
Click here to listen to an organ arrangement:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=una7Q2z0WME
Click here to listen to another organ
www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWCXI-b0O54
Click here for an acoustic guitar arragement:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFrhK1n_K9M

No comments: