Sunday, July 19, 2009

Behind the Praise - Sunday July 26, 2009

"Glorified"

This powerful song was written by Jared Anderson. Author of the songs “Rescue”, “Amazed”, and “Hear us from Heaven”, Jared Anderson is a prolific writer committed to the local church. He aims to put Jesus in the spotlight with his songs and leadership for New Life Church. Jared grew up at New Life Church where he joined the choir at 13 years old and played keyboards in the youth band all through high school.Now, as before, he is a member of both New Life Worship and Desperation Band as well as his heading up his own recordings. When he’s not leading, writing, or recording, Jared is at home with wife Megan and children Everett (3), Beckett (2), and Francie (1).

Click here to visit Jareds' myspace:
www.myspace.com/jaredandersonmusic

Click here to worship along with Jared Anderson:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=H667w4HdcVQ

"God, You are my God"

The worship choir will minister this song with Lisa Speir

Oh Thou who knowest my beginning,
Thou who created the plan,
who orchestrated my life's journey;
God, You are my God.God of decisions, Creator of answers,
Thou who ordained my way, through my transition,
held my position; God, You are my God.I will forever give You praise,
honor and celebrate Your name,
God of the past, present, and Who is to come;
Whatever You do with me it's alright, You have my total trust,
Glory and honor, dominion and power; God, You are my God.

"How He Loves"

Click here to listen to John Mark McMillan share about how this song came about:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chx6s3qXKt4

Click here to purchase the song:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnOvuo7JmB0&feature=related

He is jealous for me, Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realise just how beautiful You are,And how great Your affections are for me.

And oh, how He loves us so,Oh how He loves us,How He loves us all
He loves us,Whoa! how He loves us,Whoa! how He loves us,Whoa!

Click here to purchase the song "How He Loves"
Eddie Kirkland - Orthodoxy - How He Loves

"Lead me to the Cross"

Savior I come Quiet my soul remember Redemptions hill Where Your blood was spilled
For my ransom Everything I once held dear I count it all as lostLead me to the cross
Where Your love poured out Bring me to my knees Lord I lay me down
Rid me of myself I belong to You Lead me, lead me to the cross
You were as I Tempted and tried You areThe word became flesh Bore my sin and death
Now you're risenTo your heart To your heart Lead me to your heart
Lead me to your heart

Brooke Fraser was born in New Zealand. She is on of the main key worshippers of Sydney Australia's Hillsong Church and is married to on of Hillsong United's songwritters Scott Ligertwood. She has appeared on many live worship albums. She is a born again Christian. She was born to former 'All Black' Bernie Fraser and Lynda Fraser and is the oldest out of 3 children

Click here to learn more about Brooke Fraser:
www.brookefraser.com/

Click here to listen online: www.imeem.com/people/riK9nJK/music/Mj1XCeWj/hillsong_united_lead_me_to_the_cross/

Click here to worship along on the song:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcvMQOZkusQ

“In Christ Alone”

This song was written by Keith Getty & Stuart Townend
Townend and Getty both admit they are motivated by the idea of capturing biblical truth in songs and hymns that will not only cause people to express their worship in church, but will build them up in their Christian lives. “I’ve been amazed by the response to this song,” says Townend. “We’ve had some incredible e-mails about how people have been helped by the song through incredibly difficult circumstances.” One e-mail described how a U.S soldier serving in Iraq would pray through each verse of the song every day, and how the promises of God’s protection and grace helped to sustain him through the enormous pressures and dangers of life in a war zone.

Click here to read more about how the song was composed
www.crosswalk.com/1275127/

Click here to worship along with the Newsboys
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8welVgKX8Qo

Click here to worship along with Natalie Grant
www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA9WbEn-Nj8&feature=related

No comments: