Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Sunday July 5, 2009



"Delivered out of the Hands of Pharoah"

Click here for an arrangement of the song:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEo02Da-V9k

"Glorified"

The Crossroads youth choir will share this powerful song by Jared Anderson. Author of the songs “Rescue”, “Amazed”, and “Hear us from Heaven”, Jared Anderson is a prolific writer committed to the local church. He aims to put Jesus in the spotlight with his songs and leadership for New Life Church. Jared grew up at New Life Church where he joined the choir at 13 years old and played keyboards in the youth band all through high school.Now, as before, he is a member of both New Life Worship and Desperation Band as well as his heading up his own recordings. When he’s not leading, writing, or recording, Jared is at home with wife Megan and children Everett (3), Beckett (2), and Francie (1).

Click here to visit Jareds' myspace:
www.myspace.com/jaredandersonmusic

Click here to worship along with Jared Anderson:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=H667w4HdcVQ

"I will Stand"

Glenn Packiam wrote the following on how he wrote this powerful worship song:

I was sitting in my office late on a Friday afternoon, about to leave to get ready for the MILL, our college and 20-somethings service. In my hands was a picture from the sonogram of our first child, a girl. The picture made all the emotions I had felt when I sat in the ultrasound appointment, watching and listening to her beating heart, come rushing back. The pregnancy had been full of some scary moments, so to be at this point was overwhelming. I went over to the office next door where there was a keyboard and began to sing. "I will stand and worship You for everything You are to me I will lift my voice in praise for all the wonders You display I will stand, I will stand and worship You." Not long later, the song was finished, with the exception of few phrases I kept tweaking. Through salvation we see God's love demonstrated and His goodness revealed. That is reason enough to praise. But God keeps drawing us with tender mercies, calling us into relationship with Him. The only response to that kind of grace and love is to worship--not to attempt a repayment, not to prove that we deserve it--simply to worship. As we started to do the song at our church, I watched as people responded to God with a firm, unshakable decision to worship. "I Will Stand" is a declaration to God, a choice to worship no matter what, because it is the only response to God's great love and grace.

[Additional reading: Romans 5] -

Glenn PackiamClick here for a sampling of the song:
https://secure.praisecharts.com/index.php?module=shopping&action=search&sort=2&author=Glenn%20Packiam&start=0&t=16

“I Need Thee Every Hour”

This Hymn was written by Anne Hawks in 1872. She wrote the following about how the song came about.

One day as a young wife and mo­ther of 37 years of age, I was bu­sy with my reg­u­lar house­hold tasks. Sud­den­ly, I be­came so filled with the sense of near­ness to the Mast­er that, won­der­ing how one could live with­out Him, ei­ther in joy or pain, these words, “I Need Thee Ev­e­ry Hour,” were ush­ered in­to my mind, the thought at once tak­ing full pos­sess­ion of me.

After writ­ing the lyr­ics, Hawks gave them to her pas­tor, Ro­bert Low­ry, who add­ed the tune and re­frain. The hymn was first pub­lished at the Na­tion­al Bap­tist Sun­day School Con­ven­tion in Cin­cin­na­ti, Ohio, in No­vem­ber 1872. Some years lat­er, af­ter the death of her hus­band, Hawks wrote:

I did not un­der­stand at first why this hymn had touched the great throb­bing heart of hu­man­i­ty. It was not un­til long af­ter, when the sha­dow fell over my way, the sha­dow of a great loss, that I un­der­stood some­thing of the com­fort­ing pow­er in the words which I had been per­mit­ted to give out to others in my hour of sweet se­ren­i­ty and peace.

Click here to worship along with Randy Owens & the Isaacs:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VeQrymN568&feature=related

Click here for a gospel arrangement by Marvin Sapp:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnlHpGnRjbc&feature=related

"Your Unfailing Love"

When the darkness fills my senses
When my blindness keeps me from your touch, Jesus come
When my burden keeps me doubting
When my memories take the place of you, Jesus come
And I'll follow you there to the place where we meet
And I'll lay down my pride as you search me again
Your unfailing love, your unfailing love,
Your unfailing love over me again

Click here to read Morgans' bio:
www.reubenmorgan.com/downloads/reuben_morgan_bio.pdf

Click here to learn more about Reuben Morgan:
www.myspace.com/reubenmorgan

Click here to worship through the song:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHUhIdQfo34

Click here to listen online:
www.imeem.com/donkor/music/xQ42saKz/hillsong-your-unfailing-love/

“Overcome”

Seated above, enthroned in the Father's love
Destined to die, poured out for all mankind
God's only son perfect and spotless one He never sinned, but suffered as if he did

All authority, every victory is Yours All authority, every victory is Yours
Savior, worthy of honor and glory, worthy of all our praise, You overcame
Jesus, awesome in power forever, awesome and great is Your name, You overcame
Power in hand speaking the Father's plan You're sending us out, light in this broken land

We will overcome by the blood of the LambAnd the word of our testimony, everyone overcome

Click here to learn more about Jon Egan composer of this powerful song:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=34106535

Click here to listen to the story behind the song:
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=33819070&blogID=440712561

“Battle Hymn of the Republic”

Words by Julia W. Howe 1861. This hymn was born dur­ing the Amer­i­can ci­vil war, when Howe vis­it­ed a Un­ion Ar­my camp on the Po­to­mac Riv­er near Wash­ing­ton, D. C. She heard the sol­diers sing­ing the song “John Brown’s Body,” and was tak­en with the strong marching beat. She wrote the words the next day with a strong march­ing beat. "I awoke in the grey of the morn­ing, and as I lay wait­ing for dawn, the long lines of the de­sired po­em be­gan to en­twine them­selves in my mind, and I said to my­self, “I must get up and write these vers­es, lest I fall asleep and for­get them!” So I sprang out of bed and in the dim­ness found an old stump of a pen, which I re­mem­bered us­ing the day be­fore. I scrawled the vers­es al­most with­out look­ing at the p­aper."The hymn ap­peared in the At­lant­ic Month­ly in 1862. It was sung at the fun­er­als of Brit­ish states­man Win­ston Church­ill, Amer­i­can sen­at­or Ro­bert Ken­ne­dy, and Am­er­i­can pre­si­dents Ron­ald Rea­gan and Ri­chard Nix­on.Music: John Brown’s Bo­dy, poss­i­bly by John Will­iam SteffeJohn Brown was an Amer­i­can abo­li­tion­ist who led a short lived in­­sur­­rect­­ion to free the slaves.

Click here to listen to the many arrangements of this great hymn:
www.youtube.com/results?search_query=battle+hymn+of+the+republic&search_type=&aq=0&oq=battle+hymn+o

"Low Down the Chariot"

Click here to listen to the song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhhBs6g3Di8

No comments: