Monday, April 16, 2007

TWO QUOTES

Mondays are an interesting day, I try not to make any important decisions as I usually have the "Sunday hangover". If you're in ministry I'm sure you know what I'm talking about, if not it'd be hard to explain. I love ministry, but it is emotional and can be draining. I came across this quote by Kahlil Gibran. I've found that the more time I spend on this planet, the more I realize how much I have to learn. I want to be a sponge, and soak up as much as I can. Here is the quote:
I have learnt silence from the talkative,
toleration from the intolerant,
and kindness from the unkind;
yet strange, I am ungrateful to these teachers.
Kahlil Gibran

Another thought - I wrote this down from a sermon by Rob Bell. I'll post soon the podcasts I subscribe to. Rob Bell is one of them, he is a great communicator and certainly makes you think. I find his thoughts original and inspiring.

The purpose of worship is not to escape from this world into the other world, but to open you up to the meaning of the Christ in the common. The point of a gathering like this is that you are morphing into the kind of person who sees God everywhere.
You are being opened up to the Christ who is everywhere.
These gatherings are to awaken us
and open us to the presence of God.
Rob Bell

No comments: